December 2011 Moms

applied for a new job

A little background:  I'm happy at my current job, but would like to get out of coaching and just teach.  My school is notorious for forcing people to resign if they no longer want their coaching duties.  I feel like this is the only way out for me.  While I would like to coach for a couple of more years, the type of job I applied for is hard to come by so I had to jump on it.

My dream job is to teach elementary PE.  I have several teaching certifications, but I really want this job.  A job opened up at a fairly new school that is like 2 miles from my house, instead of the 15 I travel now.  Closer, less stress, no nights, early mornings, or weekends and to be honest, the pay is pretty close to what I make now.  These jobs are so hard to get becasue when people get them, they hang on.  I'll be holding my breath until I hear something, but won't let myself get excited.  If you pray, say one for me please!

Re: applied for a new job

• good luck!
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Good luck! I'm hoping to switch schools also but with the way things are it may not be an option. But we can still pray. I hope it works out for you!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Success After Losses. I carry your <3, I carry it in my <3.</br>
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck!!

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• Good luck, ILML! I hope it works out for you, sounds amazing!
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Good luck!  It's tough out there, but I keep telling myself it's not impossible! :)

May Siggy Challenge: TV mom

Pregnancy Ticker

• Sounds perfect!!  I've taught Elementary Spanish and being a elementary "specials" teacher has been the best position I've had!!  You get a ton of variety, and you don't have to deal with many parent issues.  The only hard part is learning all the kids names that first year, but after that it's fun to see them grow and develop year to year.

I hope it works out for you!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh man! Elem. PE would be great. You would get to build obstacle courses. I hope it works out for you!

• imagekwinkle1980:
    Oh man! Elem. PE would be great. You would get to build obstacle courses. I hope it works out for you!

I know!!!!

I've wanted to do this ever since I first started teaching, it's why I majored in Exercise Science.  I love fitness and I love teaching kids that it can be fun to exercise.  This year I didn't coach soccer because of my maternity leave and I realized that I didn't miss it at all.  I always told myself as long as it was fun and I enjoyed it, I would do it.  But an extra $2000 for all those hours away from home just hardly seems worth it anymore with a LO at home.  I barely see him now, I can't imagine how it will feel when I have early morning practice and games twice a week, not to mention weekend tournaments.

• Fingers crossed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageiluvmylab:

imagekwinkle1980:
    Oh man! Elem. PE would be great. You would get to build obstacle courses. I hope it works out for you!

I know!!!!

I've wanted to do this ever since I first started teaching, it's why I majored in Exercise Science.  I love fitness and I love teaching kids that it can be fun to exercise.  This year I didn't coach soccer because of my maternity leave and I realized that I didn't miss it at all.  I always told myself as long as it was fun and I enjoyed it, I would do it.  But an extra $2000 for all those hours away from home just hardly seems worth it anymore with a LO at home.  I barely see him now, I can't imagine how it will feel when I have early morning practice and games twice a week, not to mention weekend tournaments.

The best part it...kids LOVE PE. No more unmotivated teenagers to wrangle. My kids try to trick me into taking them to PE every day. Right now Coach has the obstacle cpurse up, and this year I get to play on it because I am not pregnant. Yay!

• I think you would be a great elementary teacher! I had no idea you were PE certified.I will say some prayers for you.

I know all about the importance of shaving time off of your commute. I work at a school that is 50 minutes - an hour drive everyday. There are two elementary schools within 5 minutes of my house but taking a job at one of them would mean changing districts for me, which I am very nervous about.

Also, I just replied to you in the "solids" thread with a question.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebrandywine2010:

I think you would be a great elementary teacher! I had no idea you were PE certified.I will say some prayers for you.

I know all about the importance of shaving time off of your commute. I work at a school that is 50 minutes - an hour drive everyday. There are two elementary schools within 5 minutes of my house but taking a job at one of them would mean changing districts for me, which I am very nervous about.

Also, I just replied to you in the "solids" thread with a question.  

Thanks!  Yeah, elementary PE was my initial certification, along with high school history.  I added all level special education and most recently, my pricipial certificate.  Not sure if I will ever use that one though.

I don't know how you do that commute!  I know about an hour in the car round trip isn't that bad and many people have it worse, but if I can drive 10 minutes round trip instead of 60....It would be a change in district for me too, which I am nervous about, but these PE jobs rarely come up so I'm kind of taking a chance.  Trying not to get my hopes up though.  These jobs are hard to get and don't come around often.  

Heading over to check out your question now!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"