High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

2nd time (or more) GD moms ?

Hi I had GD with my first pregnancy and I was just wondering if you were diagnosed earlier with GD for your subsequent pregnancies? And if so around how many weeks? TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

Re: 2nd time (or more) GD moms ?

• Options
    Yes. I was diagnosed at the standard 28 weeks with #1. With #2 I failed my one hour at 11 weeks, so started diet and testing on my own, then failed the 3 hour at 13 weeks and was officially diagnosed. If we have a third I'm going to tell them to not even both testing me and just assume I have it starting with a BFP.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

With DS I passed the one hour @ 14 weeks, failed it at @ 27 weeks, failed the 3 hour @ 28 weeks.

With DD failed the one hour @ 13 weeks.  I never did the 3 hour and just asked for the diagnosis. They had me test 4 times a day on a normal diet and it wasn't bad, just my darn fasting was in the mid 90's and not under 90.  My numbers were okay until I hit 30 weeks and then they went BSC.

Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was diagnosed at 9 weeks this time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was diagnosed at 13 weeks, this time.  I failed the one hour so badly that we just skipped the 3 hour.
  • Options

They think they missed it with my first pregnancy, so I tested at 13 weeks this time around and failed. I was offically diagnosed as GD at 14 weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was diagnosed at 28 weeks with my first pregnancy.  This time around I was diagnosed at 20 weeks.  It has definitely been harder to control this time, with my son I was diet controlled for about a month, then went on insulin, then finished with insulin and 500 mg of metformin a day.  This time around I went right on to insulin, glyburide, and 2000 mg of metformin a day!
  • Options
    I was diagnosed at 9 weeks this time and was on insulin for both pregnancies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I requested an early glucose test at about 16 weeks in my first pregnancy (I just knew and diabetes runs in my family).

My PCP had run a fasting glucose on me (before either of us knew I was pregnant) and it came back high (though I think it wasn't an accurate number, though I'm sure I would have been high regardless).  She thought she was just following up from my last pregnancy.  Well turns out I was already pg, so my OB just had me do an A1C (instead of torturing me with the GTT) and since it was borderline she just said we will treat me as if (this was at 8.5 weeks).

So far fasting has been a little high (first week of testing I was 95-101) and meals have been under 130 at an hour (except once when I ate a ridiculous chinese meal and got a 136).  Since the fasting was "high" I'm on slow release insulin overnight, and have had zero issues since.  I can still eat pretty much anything without an issue (though am trying to be good and follow the diet still), but expect that to be less and less the case as the hormones increase... =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"