Babies: 0 - 3 Months

2 month shots?

LO has his 2 month appointment on Thursday. I'm kind of scared to go, because he's going to get his shots.. and probably cry a lot

How was your LO when he/she got his/her shots? How many did they get? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 month shots?

• We had that appointment on Friday.  She cried right at first, but was fine after I nursed her.  It wasn't until a couple of hours that things got rocky.  She screamed inconsolably for about 2 hours.  We finally called the pedi to see if there was anything we could do and their response was "Oh, we should have told you to give her baby Tylenol!"  Once we did that, she calmed down and went to sleep.  She also didn't eat as much that night (which meant I was engorged, but didn't seem to affect her at all).  She seems to be better today!

ETA:  She got shots in both legs and one oral vaccine. 

• DD wailed for the whole appointment because she wanted to sleep and kept getting moved and such. She got 3 shots and cried during them but chilled within 30 seconds just laying on the table. She started back up when I dressed her and passed out in the car. 

• Loading the player...
  • DS had 2 shots and the Rotavirus immunization at 6 weeks and then 2 more at 8 weeks.  For both sets of shots, he screamed initially but calmed down very quickly after I picked him up and soothed him.  He slept a good portion of the day and was totally fine by that evening.  Also, I bicycled his legs several times throughout the day when he was awake - I read somewhere that it was supposed to help with the soreness.. who knows if it actually did or not, but he didn't seem to mind it and I figured it certainly wouldn't hurt.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • DS had his last week. 1 in each thigh and an oral. I was so nervous! He took them like a champ and was calm in no time. I was so impressed. I felt silly for being so upset! GL :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Munchkin only cried at the doctors office for a few seconds after receiving her shots. She received two shots and one oral vaccine. She loved the oral vaccine...sucked it down and smiled..weird  :) She slept for the rest of the day. Her appetite was low and for the few minutes she was awake all she did was cry. That night she slept well but for the next few kept waking every 2 hours. It took her about 4 days to get back to normal. I heard some babies get super fussy, some get super sleepy and others have no side effects. Good Luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I'm just lurking, but a recent study came out about the 5 S's.  This isn't the original research, but reports the basics:  https://wtaq.com/news/articles/2012/apr/18/five-ss-ease-babies-pain-during-vaccinations/

if you can nurse while they get the shots thats supposed to be even better. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"