Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Thoughts on generic formula....

Since we have been using formula we have bought Enfamil...however DH went to the store the other day and picked up a generic brand that is supposed to be comparable to Enfamil Premium. He said it's exactly the same... I looked at all the information on the side of the can and they are exactly the same...unless I am missing something. I have done some research online and everything I read says they are just a good as the name brands and that the difference is only the packaging and the marketing they do to promote the brand and that is what makes them more expensive. Anyways I was just wondering what your opinions are about it. Because if it really is the same, I will be switching because it is like half the cost!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Thoughts on generic formula....

• Options
    They change the binding products in their formula from time to time. They go with whatever is cheapest. We tried the Walmart brand and C didn't do well with it. But we use the Target brand comparable to Enfamil AR. It works great for us. Oh and for our wallet!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Fastest year of my life. Lilypie First Birthday tickerswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    My sister told me that all formulas are regulated by the FDA, so we tried Wal-Mart brand and haven't looked back.  DS does fine with it and it is so much cheaper than Similac, even with the $5 off coupons.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We also use the Target brand and have never had any trouble!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    My daycare uses the Target brand and C has never had any issues with it! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We used it most of the time with ds and now that dd is on formula too we use it as well.  A 3lb canister of the generic Enfamil Gentlease at Sam's Club is $22.  Can't beat it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nutritionally, they are exactly the same. I used generic with my son and he did great. I tried the Target brand of enfamil premium with DD and did not have as good of an experience. We had a lot of trouble getting it to mix up (no problem with regular Enfamil) so we had to shake it vigorously and it made a ton of bubbles, which then made DD super gassy. I hated it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We are using BRU generic and enfamil interchangeably (my pedi gives us free sample packs of enfamil whenever we go, so that is when DS gets the real stuff).

We have not really had any issues...DS had 1 bout of diahrea several weeks ago, and during that time we switched to enfamil soy, but no problems since.

\image  image

• Options
    PALGalPALGal member
    We use Walgreens brand of Enfamil Gentlese and everything is just fine for us as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"