Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

breastmilk to formula

Has anyone switched from breastfeeding to formula? Did you notice a change in your LO's sleeping habits?  I've heard from several people that their formula fed babies slept better when they were formula fed.  My LO is 4 months old and has never sleptthrough the night.  Has always woken every two hours to nurse, but now its gotten even worse.  She is up all the time sometimes 3 times in 2 hours.  I am getting absolutely no sleep and its hard to function.  I am just curious if you found that once you switched to formula your LO slept better....Also, we have tried everything - bedtime routine, the 5 s's, binky, pick up put down, well...everything besides CIO...I'm not comfortable with that. 

Re: breastmilk to formula

• Options

We just switched in the last week for a whole host of reasons and I've seen no change in LO's sleeping habits.

If the constant night feedings are draining you, what about having your SO feed pumped BM or formula sometimes at night? Breastfeeding doesn't have to be all or nothing! 

Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I definitely saw a difference. LO is staying fuller longer.  He has 1-2 bottles of formula at daycare and 1 right before bed.  The rest of his feedings are breastmilk.  He naps better at daycare now (consistently doing 1-2 hour naps). And at night, he has gone from waking every 2-3 hours to every 4-6 hours! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby gets formula and breastmilk(my boobs are unpredictable!!!) and his sleep cycle varies day by day. Some nights he sleeps 7 hours, others he sleeps 4 or 5. For him it doesn't make a difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"