Babies: 3 - 6 Months

IUD Question

So, I've decided to go with an IUD for birth control, my daughter is 8 weeks old. The only time my doctor had available in the next two weeks to put it in is when my husband is out of town next week. Luckily my 3 yr old will be at preschool. From your experience, is this an appointment I could take my infant to? Is it relatively fast? I asked the office, but they seemed to not give me a clear yes or no. They just told me that it wouldn't take very long.

Also, if any of you have experience with the Mirena IUD, I'd love to hear them! Thanks!

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: IUD Question

• Mine went in really easily. It took about 10 minutes.but thats because my OB dropped the first one and the nurse had to run to get a new one.

I have to Mirena.  I had some cramping and heavy bleeding the day after insertion.  I had almost 3 months of constant bleeding, heavier than spotting.  My last 2 periods have been very short and light, I hoping they stop within the next 1-2 months.  I've had no other issues.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I had Mirena put in, and brought LO with me to the appointment.  He was younger then though, and slept the whole time.  It was fairly quick...10 minutes maybe?

I had quite painful, heavy cramping for about 12 hours, then light spotting (not even enough for a liner) for about 3 days.  Nothing since.   

• Loading the player...
  • I also have Mirena and it is awesome.... I have yet to have AF...it was put in about 4 months ago. I did not take LO to the appointment with me, I am funny about stuff like that. Like what would you do if they started crying while your legs were in stirrups in the middle of the whole thing? It only took about 15 mins for me but who wants to listen to a baby cry for 15 mins.... Good Luck with the Mirena it has been awesome for me! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I didn't have anyone to watch my LO either when I had my Mirena put in, so I brought her to the appointment with me. It was pretty quick, about 10 minutes max in the stirrups, and baby did fine. It's not ideal, but you do what you gotta do! I love my Mirena. I had some bleeding for a few days after insertion, but not really much cramping. I had light spotting on/off for about 2 months, and nothing since. For me, it's a small price to pay for a few years without having to deal with pills, periods or pregnancy scares!
  • I did not take LO with me, but I could have. The entire appointment took about 30mins because it was also my 6wk PP appt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD was 8 weeks when I got my Mirena in and I took her (I took her to my 6 week pp appt too).  The insertion appt was 10-15 minutes max.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Took 10 mins. I was SO nervous because I didn't want any pain. So easy. Light spotting for a day or two. Nothing since. I've had mine about 6wks. Take some ibuprofen and you'll be great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"