Nurseries and Baby Gear

High Chair for small space (Bloom Fresco, Joovy, G+G203)...Help!

I am looking for a high chair to fit in our apartment.  I don't want to use one of those space saver ones because it will take up one of our dining chairs.  I am looking for a high chair that is modern, small, easy to clean and ideally reclines. I am debating between an expensive chair that will grow with him and a less expensive chair that I can get rid of.  

I have been looking at the Bloom Fresco (which is really expensive) and  Joovy Nook and the Guzzie + Guss 203 Reclining high chair. Does anyone have any of these chairs or have any other suggestions?  Any help would be great.  Thanks.

A

Re: High Chair for small space (Bloom Fresco, Joovy, G+G203)...Help!

• https://www.amazon.com/Chicco-Caddy-Hook-Chair-Red/dp/B000A7V1EM

We have this one, and love it.  We have a small kitchen, so it hooks right onto our kitchen table, and she can eat with us.  Also, we can take it when we're going out to eat, and when we went on vacation in February to Mexico, we took it there too.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love the Svan wooden high chair. The foot print is small, the tray is dishwasher safe and the cushions are easily removed and machine washable. The chair also grows with the child, from 6 months to 6 years and up. It doesn't recline, though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Just get a booster seat that way you can fold it down or put it in the closet if you need the space at your dinner table. I used booster seats for the kids I nannied when they started on solids and actually preferred the booster over the highchair because skinny toddlers can climb out of the highchair, but they couldn't climb out of the booster because it snaps closer to their stomach.

Baby #2
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love my joovy nook because our kitchen/ dinning room is so small. So it's nice to fold and put next to fridge or in the closet and I love the swing tray. My only compliment is that my daughter is 17months and getting kinda big for it so now were looking for a booster. But I will keep it for the next one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Try the Ikea Antilop.

• We live in NYC and we have the Peg Perego Tatamia. I had looked at the Stoke Trip Trapp but it did not adjust to our table height. I love the Tatamia because we could store/ move it easily vs the Bloom Fresco which has a large base.
  • We love our stokke trip trapp high chairs (we ended up getting one for each kid so when we have company over we still have enough seats for everyone). There is not a tray with it, but we never "missed" having that. And it doesn't recline but that also wasn't a problem. My girls both still prefer to sit in those because their legs have somewhere to rest instead of dangling on an adult chair.

The  selling points to me were that  they weren't plastic and they look like normal chairs and that the weight limit is 300 lbs, so adults can use them. We've had a few times where we had to use them as overflow adult chairs and bump the kids to their little table and the chairs were very comfortable (I usually end up sitting in one). Later, once the kids are done using them as dining chairs I envision putting them in their rooms or a playroom as desk/craft table chairs and we'll always have them as back up if we have more company than chairs.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone.  I'm going to the stores this weekend to check out all of them out in person:)
    A
  • Is the Joovy sturdy for a wiggly child?  Can you put the leatherette seat in the wash?

I saw one at a store the other day and it seemed wobbly and like there was a lot of dirt in the creases, but that might have just been the sample because of all the wear and tear.  

A
  • Is the Joovy sturdy for a wiggly child and can you put the leatherette seat in the wash?

I saw one the other day and it seemed wobbly and there was a lot of dirt in the creases, but that may have just been because it was the sample and had a lot of wear and tear.  I just want to make sure that I can keep it clean and it will last when my LO is bigger.   

A
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"