Toddlers: 24 Months+

When to buy helium balloons?

Is a week too early to go ahead and get one of the foil charachter balloons for a party? I know when I've gotten them in the past they seem to last ages I just can't remember how long I know it wouldn't be as firm but if it would still float that'd be fine. Would you risk going ahead and getting it a week before?

Re: When to buy helium balloons?

• I wouldn't get it that early. Perhaps 2 or 3 days would be better. I would also be afraid of it popping if you got it a week early. Any particular reason that you can't get it the day before or day of?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• imageCMDR513:
    I wouldn't get it that early. Perhaps 2 or 3 days would be better. I would also be afraid of it popping if you got it a week early. Any particular reason that you can't get it the day before or day of?

Agreed.  I wouldn't even do 2-3 days.  The LONGEST I'd get it before is 24 hours.  And even at that I'd be afraid it would deflate too much and look crappy before the party.  I'd go get it the day of the party.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with the other posters.  A week is way too early!  They would be droopy and look horrible by the day of the party.  I get ours the morning of the party, 24 hours earlier at most.  If you are getting regular latex helium balloons to match - a few hours before the party at most. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I cant do it the day of because I wouldn't have a way to get there and back in time. The day before the store is cclosed so I guess ill be getting it 2-3 days before. I didn't even think of it popping. Where we used to live the place that sold them was 10 mins away so I did get them the morning of but where I am now its a bit more complicated which is why I was wondering, but ill def have to wait and make my way out a few days before. Thanks everyone!
  • Lurker here :)

You can purchase a helium container (the ones I see up here are Balloon Time) and the balloons when they are convenient for you.  Then, fill up the balloons on the day of the party.  They are pretty inexpensive, and ours lasted for two parties. HTH

I'm not new, just a new name. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageimnotcreative:

Lurker here :)

You can purchase a helium container (the ones I see up here are Balloon Time) and the balloons when they are convenient for you.  Then, fill up the balloons on the day of the party.  They are pretty inexpensive, and ours lasted for two parties. HTH

Thanks!! I didn't think of that. I wonder if our local shop would sell them ill definitley look into it. :)
  • MrsSRMrsSR member

We had balloons for DD's first bday and was told they'd last 12 hours.

I'd wait to the day of or the night before.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"