Health & Exercise

t-minus 6 days...half marathon!

I posted on this board early in my pregnancy with issues about difficulty running...getting out of breathe, legs getting tired, adjusting to a snails pace.  Anywho, with much support from you lovely ladies, I got back on the wagon and am prepared to run a half-marathon next Sunday.  I have a shirt that says "I'm running for 2...so its like running a full marathon!".  I'm a big dork, but I'm very proud.  So thanks one and all for the encouragment!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: t-minus 6 days...half marathon!

• That's awesome that you are running a half marathon while PG!!  I am running my first half in 3 weeks!!!
  • That's awesome.  I love the shirt!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • thanks one and all for the enouragement
  • wow! Very impressive! I was a big runner before getting knocked up and the 2 half marathons were hard enough for just me...I can't imagine doing one now! Good luck- you'll be great out there!!
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks again everyone!  I feel more accomplished doing this than I did in running the full marathon.  My bladder, however, will probably not appreciate it as much!
  • Good luck and have fun!  Love the shirt idea too.
    My Running Blog!

2012: Running & Race Accomplishments:

2-12-12: Riverview Winter Fest 4 mile, 34:59 8:45 pace - 23 weeks pregnant
    2-29-12: Leap Year 4 mile, 36:45 9:11 pace - 25.5 weeks pregnant
    3-11-12: Corktown 5K, 28:33 9:13 pace - 27 weeks pregnant
    3-25-12: Rock CF Island Half Marathon, 2:11:03 10:00 pace - 29 weeks pregnant
    4-16-12 Boston Marathon, deferring to 2013
    8-11-12: Run thru Hell 10 mile or 4.8 mile
    9-30-12: Brooksie Way Half Marathon
    10-21-12: Grand Rapids Marathon
    11-22-12: Detroit Turkey Trot 10K

BabyFetus Ticker
  • That's so great! I've got one coming up in three weeks and I think I might borrow your shirt idea if you don't mind!
  • That's awesome.  Good luck!
  • Good luck!!!  I ran a 1/2 today and it was tough but totally worth it.  I LOVE your shirt idea!  Wish I had thought of it ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good luck, and I just want to say I am so jealous (since a m/c in Aug I am too scared to run this pg)  Just take your time and remember to listen to your body!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"