November 2011 Moms

Vent ::facepalm::

I suppose this would have been good for UO, but I missed it... glad I did to, holy crazyness batman! 

This has had me on edge for weeks! WEEKS! I was on Facebook and a friend posted a status about how her 3 months old just fell out of his swing. This has got to be the 7th or 8th time since DD was born that I have seen this!!! Either LO's sliding out of swings, flipping themselves out of swings, dangling out of their swings... What. The. Hell?!?! The idea to not use the SAFETY belt never occurred to me... ever.

I'm not chewing anyone out for being a bad parent or anything like that. So don't get your panties in a bunch over this....

But good god.

::FACEPALMFACEPALMFACEPALM::

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Vent ::facepalm::

• My friends husband did this to their LO. She was livid! And ever since Husband has ALWAYS  used the belt! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My SIL and her SO have a 4 month old. Yesterday her SO posted a picture o FB of thier LO in her swing, turned over on her belly and hanging out of it backwards (half in half out). The thing that really got me is when I saw it the picture had only been up for 2 hours and had 15 likes. Really? Who likes something like that?! It's one thing to use bad judgement and make an honest mistake and learn from it and move on. All parents make mistakes at some point. None of us are perfect. But to decide it's a good idea to take a picture of it and show the world is pretty dumb to me. And to "like" something like that is even worse!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemanbearpig31610:
    My SIL and her SO have a 4 month old. Yesterday her SO posted a picture o FB of thier LO in her swing, turned over on her belly and hanging out of it backwards (half in half out). The thing that really got me is when I saw it the picture had only been up for 2 hours and had 15 likes. Really? Who likes something like that?! It's one thing to use bad judgement and make an honest mistake and learn from it and move on. All parents make mistakes at some point. None of us are perfect. But to decide it's a good idea to take a picture of it and show the world is pretty dumb to me. And to "like" something like that is even worse!

My sister has posted a picture just like that but I don't think that makes her a parent with poor judgement just because I know the story. My neice had started to roll over in everything at the time. My sister went to put her in the swing (which she always buckled) and she rolled over the second she put her in. She continued to do this all the time so my sister snapped a picture of it.

I thought it made for a cute/funny picture but like I said, I know she would never do nyghing dangerous with her baby.

Not saying that's the case eveytime, but sometimes you just never know!

• I have to admit I didn't always strap LO into the swing. When she was about 2 months she liked to sleep in the swing but wanted to be swaddled. There was no way to make it work. So I would just lay her in it. But once she got wiggly I wouldn't do that anymore.
  • I've seen 2 or 3 pics like that! It just gets me so irritated! I always found a way to strap in Maya even swaddled, she just couldn't move her feet very much.
    Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"