Baby Showers

Appropriate time frame to get "Thank You's" out in?

I'm usually super on top of things like this, I got my thank you's for my first shower out in about a week. I had my second shower and there were a lot more people, I've started on my TY's but havent made much progress yet because I've had to work longer hours this week and I've been dealing with... things. I hope to have them all out by the end of next week, which puts me at about 2 and 1/2 weeks in getting them out. I would also really like to mail them all at the same time because most of the people at shower #2 know eachother and I don't want some people getting their cards and other people not and having them wonder if i forgot them. (I don't even know if people compare notes on when they get their TY's but it matters to me.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Appropriate time frame to get "Thank You's" out in?

• I've always read that proper etiquette dictates no more than three months...  So I would say you are just fine!
  • imageEmilyXLC:
    I've always read that proper etiquette dictates no more than three months...  So I would say you are just fine!

Whoa! 3 months seems like way to long to me. I would aim to get them out in 1 week, 2 weeks max. If it's already been a little longer, people will understand, but definitely the sooner the better!

• Loading the player...
  • imagejociejones:

imageEmilyXLC:
    I've always read that proper etiquette dictates no more than three months...  So I would say you are just fine!

Whoa! 3 months seems like way to long to me. I would aim to get them out in 1 week, 2 weeks max. If it's already been a little longer, people will understand, but definitely the sooner the better!

I agree.  About 2 weeks is the limit for getting out thank you notes.  Only exception I'd make for this would be if the baby were born in that time frame, then I'd say you had a few extra weeks before people would wonder why they hadn't been thanked.

red

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wedding things, I say two to three weeks. Baby showers/gifts, I can give you a month. Outside of that, I talk *** about you.
  • A month. Get them out before that baby gets here :)

I say that because we got double the gifts I got at all 3 showers combined after DS arrived. I literally spent every night writing out 3-5 thank you notes. 

What helps me is I don't take off tags, don't wash or set up anything until a TY is out. I don't mind writing them, but I know how busy things get, so this is a good motivator. 

• I got mine out within a week. I didn't want to overwhelm myself and actually wanted to put thought in each ty card so I dedicated myself to writing at least 5 per day but no more than that. Made it easier on the hand and brain and still got them out quickly.
  • Preferably within 2 weeks, definitely within a month and BEFORE the baby is born.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"