Babies on the Brain
Options

Missed period while breastfeeding... Pregnant?

So, here is the story:

I started my period after 4 months after DD was born (breastfeeding exclusively), and have had regular cycles (30-31 days) for the last 5 months. This month (month 9) DD is eating purees 3xday and 1-2 bottles per day, she BFs about 3x day (including at night). I am SEVEN DAYS LATE, going on EIGHT. I have taken (a few) HPTs with negative results. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and if they can shed some light on what's going on.

** I could potentially be 5ish weeks along if I AM pregnant and have read that HPTs may not read positive until 6ish weeks, but have two children and never experienced low HCG levels.

** I could just be missing a period?? But, why? I'm not stressed and nothing has changed (no extreme weight changes, no eating differences, no sex differences, no prior issues with thyroid, etc...)

Re: Missed period while breastfeeding... Pregnant?

• Options

There really isn't a way for us to know what's going on.

You are either pregnant, or ovulated later than normal, or are having an annovulatory cycle.

Only thing you can do is wait. Test again in a week, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Even if you've cut back on nursing sessions and you once had regular cycles while BFing, they can still get jacked up from time to time. Did you have any signs of ovulation this month? It's very possible you just ovulated late/not at all and that's why AF is "late."
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    While I was still pumping af was all over the place. I had a 17 day cycle and a 50 day cycle. Once I was done pumping, I went back to 28-30 day cycle. I would assume it's just your body being wonky because of breastfeeding.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

imagevflipo:
    Even if you've cut back on nursing sessions and you once had regular cycles while BFing, they can still get jacked up from time to time. Did you have any signs of ovulation this month? It's very possible you just ovulated late/not at all and that's why AF is "late."

Agreed. They can get messed up with BFing regardless of when af came back.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"