August 2011 Moms

Re: Jessica Simpson wants a c-section

• I should first say that I did not have a c-section, so I can't speak from experience, but I love the first line... she will "opt for a much less painful Cesarean section."  Really?

Also, I can't believe she's STILL pregnant.  I saw her on Ellen not long ago and she looked ginormous.  Nothing wrong with being big, but it didn't look like she had much longer to go!

Lastly, the name they chose is ridiculous for a girl.  Maxwell??  With the nickname Maxi??  As in maxi pad?  Just my opinion, but sheesh. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ...because major abdominal surgery, in which your major stomach muscles are sliced open, isn't painful at all.

SMH.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My thoughts....

JESUS! Is she an African Elephant? She has been pregnant FOREVER!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageEmSue412:

Lastly, the name they chose is ridiculous for a girl.  Maxwell??  With the nickname Maxi??  As in maxi pad?  Just my opinion, but sheesh. 

Hahaha....this made me laugh! 

• maybe she plans to have that extra stretched skin removed
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I support a woman's right to give birth however she chooses...but I do think it's sad that we live in a culture that fears birth.  My birth was so awesome, totally manageable, and an awesome and empowering experience.  It's such a natural thing...I wish it wasn't so scary and talked negatively about and feared.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • BK33BK33 member
    I think most celebs have c-sections because they can have a tummy tuck at the same time.  If she thinks having a c-sec is less painful, she's in for a mighty surprise.  Just wait until the first time she has to sit up and get out of bed.  its major surgery dingleberry!!!! Stomach cut open and stitched back together.....uuugh she's always been a dizzy one.
  • And for what it's worth I had to have a c-section cause chunk-a-lunk was stuck and besides being scared to death during it I really didn't have that much pain after. I don't consider myself a tough one either but the only thing that really hurt was when DH would make me laugh and my jelly belly would jiggle.

Also, I could give two thin s...'s what this girl does. She grinds my gears to the MAXI.  

• imageStefandTodd:
    I support a woman's right to give birth however she chooses...but I do think it's sad that we live in a culture that fears birth.  My birth was so awesome, totally manageable, and an awesome and empowering experience.  It's such a natural thing...I wish it wasn't so scary and talked negatively about and feared.

While I did have 2 c/s, I couldn't agree with you more.  It is absolutely 100% natural, and I wish people didn't talk about it with such negative connotations.  

I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that she's done her due diligence and is taking a calculated risk by choosing a c/s.   

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • IMO naming a girl Maxwell is beyond dumb. I do not like the nick name MAXI. I too think of maxi pad (or a dog for some reason). 

I thought she would have given birth 2 months ago! I would be completely miserable if I would have gotten that big.

I hope how ever she gives birth, that it goes well for her and the baby is healthy and happy.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had a c-section after nearly 3 days of labor. It was the most traumatic thing I've ever been through. Because I'd had an epidural over 24 hours earlier, they had to pump me full of morphine and even then my husband said I was crying and moaning on the operating table, saying I could feel them cut me. 

After all that I didn't get to see my daughter for over 5 hours and recovery took a long time, I couldn't walk, couldn't turn over in bed by myself, couldn't sit up to pick up my baby if she cried. Even now I still get twinges in my c-section scar and where I had the epidural. Because of suspected birth trauma, my baby never latched and on top of everything I went through, I was also beyond heartbroken that I could not breastfeed her. 

I know that plenty of women have a c-section and are absolutely fine. But yes, I'm going to shake my damn head at anyone who vouches to give birth that way. 

Plus, going through the birth canal is more beneficial for the baby. Hasn't she heard of an epidural?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've not had a c-sec but I have had major abdominal surgery and I cannot fathom trying to care for a newborn while recovering from that!
  • Probably a load of crap anyways. Leave the poor (very pregnant) woman alone, is what I think.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageambicklion:

My thoughts....

JESUS! Is she an African Elephant? She has been pregnant FOREVER!  

Her ears aren't big enough to be an African Elephant. I believe they are Asian Elephant size...

I had a c/s. It was painful but not traumatic. I am 90% sure that I will not be going for a VBAC if I have another. As far as JS goes, who cares what she does? Poor girl deserves a tummy tuck with how big she is getting.

I would go with Maxine over Maxwell for a girl. But I appreciate that they are naming the baby after a family member.

• SMH...I had an emergency c/s and I hated it.  I couldn't get up out of bed for 24 hours, and I still had a catheter and IV in when most people were coming to visit.  I can't believe anyone would think that major abdominal surgery is less painful than a vaginal birth (though to be fair, I've only had a c/s).  I felt awful for 2 weeks afterward, and I didn't feel back to "myself" until maybe 6 weeks.  I want to try to VBAC for any future kids.
    Married 7.5.08
    BFP 12/10/10 - DD1 8/16/11
    BFP 10/29/13 - c/p 11/2/13
    BFP 11/29/13 - DD2 7/18/14
    BFP 3/20/18 - DS1 due 12/2/18
  • I think women should be able to give birth in whatever way they choose, even if it's not the way I would do it.  If she's really that scared of a vaginal birth it might be traumatic for her.  If she thinks that a CS is a better choice for her family then it's her choice to make.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm going to guess that there is a whole lot more to the story.... Like a 12 pound baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageMrs. Stew:
    SMH...I had an emergency c/s and I hated it.  I couldn't get up out of bed for 24 hours, and I still had a catheter and IV in when most people were coming to visit.  I can't believe anyone would think that major abdominal surgery is less painful than a vaginal birth (though to be fair, I've only had a c/s).  I felt awful for 2 weeks afterward, and I didn't feel back to "myself" until maybe 6 weeks.  I want to try to VBAC for any future kids.

This exactly! I definitely wouldn't have opted for my c/s for sure, but hey who knows?? She may have a huge baby in there! Poor girl looks extremely uncomfortable in that body!

• imageBK33:
    I think most celebs have c-sections because they can have a tummy tuck at the same time.  .

Yep. It's all about vanity for them. Wait til she has to walk the halls for the first time post c/s. She will wish she never did it.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm torn about this a bit. I lean towards "there's a bigger reason" - eg maybe the baby is breech - for the C. I am not a huge fan of a concept of an elective c-section, but I do think if you know you'll need one scheduling is the way to go. It seems people have much worse recoveries when they labor first. Our girls were c-section babies, and the recovery was fine.
  • I've had 2 csections and will likely have a third. My recoveries were great! Who cares if she's choosing to have a c/s? Her body, her choice. And, if she's having a tummy tuck at the samy time, more power to her! 
  • After 28 hrs of labor, I had a c-section.  Honestly, it was a walk in the park. No complications, I was up w.in 24 hrs and walking all over the hospital more so than the vaginal deliveries...  If we have another, I would prefer a c-section.
  • imageJenWhite123:
    After 28 hrs of labor, I had a c-section.  Honestly, it was a walk in the park. No complications, I was up w.in 24 hrs and walking all over the hospital more so than the vaginal deliveries...  If we have another, I would prefer a c-section.

Have you had both and are comparing the two experiences?  Or are you seriously comparing yourself to other women who gave birth at the same time as you, referring to them as "the vaginal deliveries," and assuming you know everything there is to know about their birth experiences??

• imageStefandTodd:

imageJenWhite123:
    After 28 hrs of labor, I had a c-section.  Honestly, it was a walk in the park. No complications, I was up w.in 24 hrs and walking all over the hospital more so than the vaginal deliveries...  If we have another, I would prefer a c-section.

Have you had both and are comparing the two experiences?  Or are you seriously comparing yourself to other women who gave birth at the same time as you, referring to them as "the vaginal deliveries," and assuming you know everything there is to know about their birth experiences??

LOL at your post... how could I possibly know *EVERYTHING* about their birth experiences... Don't be so condescending....  Just saying my C-section was easy, breezy, would do it again in a heartbeat, and yes, I was the only woman on the postpartum wing that I saw walking all the time.. (and I was there a very long time, DD had some complications, so I was discharged but nested there with her in the postpartum wing),

• imageJenWhite123:
    imageStefandTodd:

imageJenWhite123:

LOL at your post... how could I possibly know *EVERYTHING* about their birth experiences... Don't be so condescending....  Just saying my C-section was easy, breezy, would do it again in a heartbeat, and yes, I was the only woman on the postpartum wing that I saw walking all the time.. (and I was there a very long time, DD had some complications, so I was discharged but nested there with her in the postpartum wing),

Smile I think it's great you shared your experience, and great and you had such a great birth and recovery!  I was genuinely curious if you were comparing your own different birth experiences, or were trying to compare yourself to people whose births you didn't know anything about.  Glad you cleared it up.
  • She seems so huge (and I was huge, what with two babies)!! And I also can't believe she is still pregnant.I had to have a C section and while the recovery wasn't horrible, I hated how limited I was in what I could do, and Im sad not to have experienced giving birth (although obviously the fact my babies arrived healthy was more important).But I wish they had gotten rid of some of the extra skin I have, that might have made it worth it :p
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"