Secondary IF
Options

OMG!!! - Vent/Rant (long)

I just got done talking to my little sister (5 years younger) and she was talking about doing fertility testing.  Apparently her BF never masturbates (yeah right) and can't get it off by himself.  So she wants to help him and was talking about using clear plastic wrap so she could give him a bj and help him with his sample.

I want to be a good supportive big sister, but I do NOT agree with her having a child right now.  She is quite over-weight and stopped using BC a few years ago and never ended up KU.  So now her BF has agreed to let her go through testing and to get tested himself.  He has a child already and has always objected to getting tested because of the possibility that if there is something wrong with him then it places the question of whether that child is actually his.

Anyway, my problem with them having a child together is that they have been dating for about 7 years and they fight and she leaves him constantly, at least once every few months.  It's not that I don't want my sister to someday be a mother, but not now and not with a guy who won't marry her.  He is only doing the testing because she left him and this was his bargaining chip to get her back.  

I am so frustrated!  If she were to get pregnant before DH and I, I know I would have a really hard time with it.  I just believe that every child deserves to be born to a couple that is committed to each other, and I don't think that they are. Especially since she leaves him every time they get in a big fight, and then he agrees to whatever to get her to come back.

I do not dislike the guy, I just want them to work out their problems and be committed to each other in some way before they have a child together.  There is so much more to this messed up situation, but I think this is long enough.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: OMG!!! - Vent/Rant (long)

• Options

UGH!  I'm sorry.  I definitely agree with how you feel.  I am in a similar situation with my younger sister and it is frustrating.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker DD#1 3/04 *TTC #2 since 6/2010 EDD 1/30/13 changed to 2/4/13 we are having boy/girl twins!
  • Options
    wow, that does sound like a situation destined for disaster. Maybe they won't get pregnant and you won't have to worry about your niece/nephew living in that environment. Any chance they would try couples therapy?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

They are supposed to be doing therapy also.  Something BF again agreed to only because she left him and he was trying to get her back.

I want her to be happy, but I also want them to take this one step at a time.  Get their relationship figured out, then worry about having a baby.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"