November 2011 Moms

Re: FFFC

• Options

Mine is that I think I'm a lot better than my coworkers. They all have to send me articles to edit, and half of them cannot put a complete sentence together. Seriously... a third grader could write better. Example: "Accompany us was Florida newest Watermelon Queen Ms.Christine ______." WTF. It pisses me off that they make so much more money than me while I have to sit here and correct their work on a daily basis. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

sap05e, like this?

Feels like that in my office too sometimes.

My confession is that I don't own one pair of shoes for LO.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageskipperkelly:

sap05e, like this?

Basically - if they do something right, it is a damn mini-miracle.

• Options

You two are funny this morning!

Mine is that I'm not getting DH the gift he wanted for Father's Day. I can't stand him playing all those F*^@#$*%* golf games on the XBox all the time! So I plan on getting him something to go play golf outside the house where I don't have to see it or hear about it.

Subsequently, since that gift is more expensive, I'm also going to get a more expensive Mother's Day gift.

• Options

Being a SAHM has made me very lazy (clothes wise). I live in gym shorts/yoga pants and t shirts. I can't make sense of putting real clothes on just to be covered in spit up, drool and now baby food. 

This wouldn't be bad but now I like wearing t shirts out inn public all the time. Sometimes I miss real clothes.  

• Options
    imageskipperkelly:

sap05e, like this?

My neither. I don't think a baby needs shoes unless they are walking, though.  

• Options

LOL love it!  My coworkers are all idiots as well!! 

Mine is that DH really wants to buy a camper this summer, but I keep telling him we can't until we pay of a couple small things, or one of our vehicles.  I always tell him I'll be mad if he buys one.  Secretly though, I really hope he finds a great deal somewhere and we can get one right away, even though it would be slightly irresponsible to buy one right now....

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
  • Options
    imagelkm2006:

Being a SAHM has made me very lazy (clothes wise). I live in gym shorts/yoga pants and t shirts. I can't make sense of putting real clothes on just to be covered in spit up, drool and now baby food. 

This wouldn't be bad but now I like wearing t shirts out inn public all the time. Sometimes I miss real clothes.  

I felt the same way during maternity leave. I think if I was a SAHM, Id be in my pajamas all day, every day. And I have been wearing tshirts and jeans every weekend out in public. I don't even have motivation to dress decently anymore.

• Options

I know I would probably stay in my pajamas all day too. They are comfortable and I'm not leaving the house, so who cares?

I also am in a funk with my clothes. My work button up shirts don't fit thanks to these milk filled boobs and I really don't feel like buying anything new. I'd rather spend that money on LO.

• Options

When I was on maternity leave I lived in yoga pants and camis... I would actually get pissed off when I had to wear real clothes!

Now that I'm back at work, I have a huge pile of clothes started on my floor of my closet. I don't fit into anything anymore, so if it's too small when I try it on, it goes on the ground. My husband keeps asking me when I'm going to pick it up... I just told him it's not good for my self esteem to have a closet full of clothes that don't fit me, so they're staying on the ground until I lose the weight! 

• Options
    imagesap05e:
    imageskipperkelly:

sap05e, like this?

Basically - if they do something right, it is a damn mini-miracle.

This is a why I quit my job!!! And yes, I am currently sitting at home in my pjs. I slept until 9. And LO is still in daycare - go ahead judge me, but we paid up until May, so he's going half days so I get some me time! 

• Options
    imageskipperkelly:

I only have 1 pair of shoes that she wore for Easter.  She won't be wearing shoes until she can walk.  There are studies that show if the shoe is too rigid it will hurt their feet and they will refuse to walk with them on.  Also, I think they are pointless. 

My confession: I am annoyed at DH because he goes to band on Thursday nights.  He gave me the opportunity to tell him no, but I couldn't do it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I don't feel guilty for wearing pajamas up until 3pm some days. I do eventually have to get dressed or I feel totally useless. I've never felt bad about wearing jeans and t-shirts in public even pre-pregnancy.

My FFFC is that I plan on raising DD a vegetarian in our home. I have been a veg for over 8 years, DH for 25 years. The thought of cooking meat makes me wanna hurl. She is free to eat meat at my mom and dad's, at friends' houses, at school, wherever. I just won't make it. I don't have anything against meat eaters at all. Sometimes I miss meat, but then I remember where it comes from and that quickly goes away.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have not been to the gym in about 2 months, and I am eating like a cow. Yes, I've had cake twice in twelve hours.
  • Options

I just figured out yesterday that Mitt Romney is a presidential candidate; I have no idea who the other one is. 

And I do not care. 

• Options
    imagedesine77:

I just figured out yesterday that Mitt Romney is a presidential candidate; I have no idea who the other one is. 

And I do not care. 

LOL!!!!!!!! Love this!!! 

• Options
    imagelkm2006:

This......Unless I'm actually leaving the house I've been living in my pajamas
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I can't stand Teen Mom/Teen Mom 2. I don't understand how anyone can say that that these shows DON'T glamorize teen pregnancy...The reality is that they're living in apartments that cost more than my house payment, wear designer clothes, carry $500 handbags and drive newer vehicles than my husband who is a mechanical engineer........ It really aggravates me!! 
  • Options

I don't have any shoes for DS either. I finally got him a summer hat last week.

I cannot put down Fifty Shade of Grey. I contemplated calling in sick so I could finish reading it today. Myabe not the best written book but it is definetly lures you in.

I am starting a new job in 2 weeks, my motivation level at my current position is diminishing quickly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hey redcamaro, has your DH ever played Bocce ball? It's not a one person thing, but it's outside and fun.

Jeans and a shirt (granted usually not just baggy t-shirt) have always been real clothes to me.

I'm so infuriated with my DH that I may just not talk to him for a few days. Just because.

My older two kids are dirving me up a wall. I cannot fathom how at 11 and 12 it is almost impossible to get them to do their chores. It's the first thing they do when they get home, you would think that would motivate them so that they could do something fun afterwards. Instead they will, for example, stand at the sink scratching a hole through a bar of soap for four hours rather than do the 20 minutes worth of dishes. I'm pretty sure I have reason to be frustrated, but I still feel bad about it.

I think I might be the reason that Kaeldra isn't sitting up yet. I don't think I've been letting her sit without being strongly supported enough for her to figure it out.

• Options

My mom offered to watch DD and LO for a few hours yesterday so I can rest. LO refuses a bottle, so my max time is 3 hours. She told me to go home and sleep. I drove to the nearest Chevy's and had 2 margaritas.

• Options

I have to add another................. this is more of a FFFC.....

DH says we can't get a pet for Lilly........little does he know that I'm going to the humane society next week to adopt a kitten.... He doesn't get to make ALL of the rules. 

• Options
    imagedesine77:

And I do not care. 

You mean... Obama? lol. Or the other Republican candidates? Might just be Ron Paul now - I dont keep up very well.

• Options

imagedesine77:

And I do not care. 

Ditto. I believe it's all a sham anyway. Also, I do believe jeans and a t-shirt are real clothes. As long as there are no stains/holes/etc...it is presentable enough for the public.  

My FFFC: I cried and cried for like a week when I found out my BIL and SIL were having a baby. Why?

We were going to wait until after confirmation of our pregnancy by the doctor's office to announce our pregnancy to our families (neither knew we were trying so it was going to be a great surprise). We were about 10 weeks along at this point. SIL text me to announce they were having a third baby in September. Our baby was due in November. I felt like my news wasn't going to be special to my husband's family anymore because DS is our first and he was just going to be another baby.

Also, SIL already compares her two older children to each other and all of her friends' children and I didn't want her comparing my child to hers.

And I hate to say it about a child, but her oldest daughter is a little spoiled rotten b!itch...I guess that was more of a vent! 

• Options
    imagesap05e:
    imagedesine77:

And I do not care. 

You mean... Obama? lol. Or the other Republican candidates? Might just be Ron Paul now - I dont keep up very well.

I'm curious as well as to what you meant by the "other" candidate. Please explain.

• Options
    Sort of goes along with "Fifty Shades of Grey" comment from the other day, but I think the Twilight series is completely idiotic.

- Ava -  11-29-11

- Violet -  10-9-13

• Options
    imageskipperkelly:
    imagesap05e:
    imagedesine77:

And I do not care. 

I'm curious as well as to what you meant by the "other" candidate. Please explain.

I was talking about the obligatory random third party candidate.

• Options
    ok gotcha. Yeah I don't care about that guy either. I am thinking it will be a close election though.
  • Options
    imagedesine77:

And I do not care. 

This is a little off, and not a FFFC at all, but I recently heard the idea of using the write in vote to put 'none of the above'. I really like the idea.
  • Options
    imagehoneybee #1:
    imagedesine77:

And I do not care. 

This is a little off, and not a FFFC at all, but I recently heard the idea of using the write in vote to put 'none of the above'. I really like the idea.

Why wouldn't you just not vote? Save yourself the two hour wait time & stay home if you don't believe either candidate is worthy of your vote! (It sends the same message.)

• Options
    We are going camping tomorrow with friends for the night, and I can't wait to drop DS off with my in-laws!  DH and I need a night to ourselves.
  • Options
    POAS occasionally gets me really excited about potentially having another baby RIGHT NOW...but I don't really want another baby right now.  (If it happens I'll be super happy, but it won't be planned)
    "Read the books, don
  • Options
    imagehoneybee #1:

Hey redcamaro, has your DH ever played Bocce ball? It's not a one person thing, but it's outside and fun.

Ah, no. Looks like you would need a large space to play, which we don't have currently. But thanks for the tip! Big Smile

• Options
    imageStefB28:
    imagehoneybee #1:
    imagedesine77:

And I do not care. 

Why wouldn't you just not vote? Save yourself the two hour wait time & stay home if you don't believe either candidate is worthy of your vote! (It sends the same message.)

Actually if people did this, then there would be no majority and they would have to start over. That's the idea anyway.
  • Options
    Everyone I know loves the book "Guess How Much I Love You".  I used to think it was cute, but the more I read it the more annoyed I get.  Big Nut Brown Hare is a one upper.  Just let your kid love you more!
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options

imagembgreenwalt:
    Everyone I know loves the book "Guess How Much I Love You".  I used to think it was cute, but the more I read it the more annoyed I get.  Big Nut Brown Hare is a one upper.  Just let your kid love you more!

Yes I still like the book though. :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagesap05e:
    imagelkm2006:

I felt the same way during maternity leave. I think if I was a SAHM, Id be in my pajamas all day, every day. And I have been wearing tshirts and jeans every weekend out in public. I don't even have motivation to dress decently anymore.

i always wear t shirts and jeans out in public, before baby and now ! :-) my "uniform" is a black t shirt, jeans and flats or flip flops.  to dress up i wear earrings.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"