Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

3 yr old w/ stomach issues

Ever since DD could verbilize she has complained of a stomach ache. It's subsided in the past few months but she still says it. I've mentioned it to her pedi & she said watch what she eats. Well it doesn't really matter what she eats she'll complain of it. The other day she was perfectly fine, playing than spit up like a baby would. Just out of nowhere a bunch of bile came up. I said, does your tummy hurt. She said yeah & was more upset that she spit up on her clothes than anything. Than was fine the rest of the day/night. Ate all her dinner no problems. 

Today she is totally fine again than as she was drinking water before bed she burped & ran to the bathroom w/ her hand on her mouth. She has been hugging the garbage pale since than. She is now asleep w/ her head in the garbage pale for fear she'll throw up and miss the pale. No fever just nauseous.

I have celiac so I worry she might have some stomach issue. I've started a food journal and will have her school keep me informed of her diet at school as well. I'll add that her appetite is great. She eats her fruits and veggies no problem and has never had a problem w/ BM's. She is very regular and it's always a normal consistency.

Anyone have a LO w/ stomach issues that might have some insight for me? TIA.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3 yr old w/ stomach issues

• Options

Has she ever had problems with reflux?  DD1 is still on Zantac for reflux, she hasn't outgrown it yet.  Whenever we try to wean her off of her Zantac, her symptoms come back, including frequent hiccups, wet burps, and "spitting up" like you described in your post.  DH has HORRIBLE acid reflux and sometimes something really sets it off, even though he's on medication for it and he ends up throwing up several times. 

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    I thought of that. She hasn't been diagnosed with it & never had other symptoms of it. Not even as an infant. It's something to consider though. I'll mention that to the pedi as well. Thank you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Of course, I forget the name of the related illness. We're on watch for this too. Originally, diagnosed w/ reflux. The new pedi says reflux is often over diagnosed there is another cause (insert name if I could remember it). Basically, to confirm the diagnosis a camera will need to go down the throat and into the stomach. The treatment is Zantac or Prevacid same as reflux-which is why most dr's just say it's reflux.
  • Options

Is she pooping soft normal poos everyday?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"