High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

**Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-in**

Hi Everyone,

Its time again for our weekly check-in.  This check-in is for anyone dealing with clotting disorders, or for anyone doing once or twice daily shots of Lovenox, Heparin, Clexane, Fragmin, Arixtra, etc. (you are also welcome if you are on any other blood thinners - coumadin, aspirin, etc.)  This is a place for us to share our frustrations, worries and triumphs.  What?s new this week?  How is everyone feeling?  How are your bruises?  Here is a link to our injection tips, https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/63478735.aspx

This is the current list of Lovenox Ladies:

Linz1233 (FVL) ? 5/5

Smacb (MTHFR) ? 5/10

Butterbrot (FVL) 5/11

STL34 (MTHFR, LA, APS) ? 5/15

Prestonsmomma (FVL) ? 5/18

Ally0812 (previous DVT) ? 5/19

Kgauntt (DVT) ? 5/22

Mikeswife2010 ? (LA, Protein S and C, previous DVT and PE) ? 5/25

Chusum (MTHFR) ? 5/29

Topaz7777 (FVL homo, previous DVT and PE) ? 6/6

Kaybee10 (FVL, previous superficial clot) ? 6/8

Lash10 (FVL) ? 6/12

Miblue (FVL, APS) ? 6/14

Snowwhite21 (FVL and previous DVT) ? 6/14

Cmispy (APS) ? 6/15

Christinamae1211(previous DVT, OVT)  ? 7/2

Hsm (prior DVT, Prothrombin mutation) ? 7/7

AshMK (RPL)  ? 7/12

DysonBaby2 (MTHFR, PAI-1)? 8/1

Quezzo (MTHFR, Protein S, APS) ? 8/10

Yemil359 (FVL, Prothrombin mutation, MTHFR) ? 8/15

UsuallyLurking (previous PE) ? 8/23

SpruceGrouse (previous stroke) ? 8/24
Kknapik (APS) ? 8/28

Dsimmons1107 (previous DVT) ? 8/31

Mrs. Thomson (LA, previous PE) ? 9/1

Csquared426 (FVL) ? 9/1

Storkstrands (DVT) ? 9/6

Ilovenyc1023 (MTHFR homo) ? 9/13

Raychikam (Protein S, MTHFR) ? 9/16

Mellimo83 (prothrombin mutation) ? 9/17

Shasteencorin (APS) - 9/18

Suzannehogsed (previous PE) ? 9/26

Damabo80 (MTHFR homo) ? 9/28

Baby Bouchard (MTHFR homo) ? 10/2

Mlwoo103  (APS, previous DVT) ? 10/5

Sarahellen2010 ? (FVL homo, PAI-1) - 10/14

AustinBride06 (MTHFR) ? 10/15

Lax15bsu (PAI-1, MTHFR) ? 10/15

Nicky820 (MTHFR) ? 10/22

Hutchison.andrea@gmail.com ? (MTHFR homo) -11/8

Kswestern (AT, Protein S) ? 11/9

Kaim87 ? 11/10

Bostonbluejay (APS, MTHFR) ? 11/17

Cuttley (FVL) ? 11/23

If this is your first week checking-in, please let us know your EDD and the reason you are on blood thinners.  (If you have checked in before but have not been added, it is likely because you didn?t give your EDD or the reason you are on blood thinners.)

QOTW:  Are you hoping for natural childbirth?  Or are you planning for a medicated birth?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

Re: **Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-in**

• Options

Hi Ladies,

My gynocologist and the awesome doctor at my hospital got me switched over to 40 mg of Clexane instead of the 60 mg. The 60 mg would have caused a lot of problems during labor if I need  a c-section with epidural. I would only have to wait 12 hours with the lower dosage rather than 24 hours. This was a source of a lot of worry for me, because my first baby was a secondary c-section after a whole long labor process, and it is possible that the same could happen again. I was worried that if it came to that and I still had the 60 mg in my system, they'd have to put me under general anesthesia.

QOTW: That being said, I am hoping for a med-free VBAC. And I hope real labor starts soon; they'll induce me on the 11th if he's not here by then (because of GD), and I'm worried he'll also be too big by then to fit through my pelvis.  

• Options

I am having a natural birth if possible.  The doctor doesn't want to induce at all, he said that way I am more likely to progress faster.  I am staying on Lovenox until the end, which means I am not allowed an epidural.  I was told to stop my injections at the first signs of labor.  They said that with my stroke history they want me to be as natural as possible, they think it's safer in my situation.  

If I have to have a c section, I will be put to sleep.  I'm ok with that if it is to help baby.  Part of the reason they don't want to induce is to help with avoiding this.

I know I can handle natural birth, I survived 2 strokes, it gave me confidence! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSpruceGrouse:

I am having a natural birth if possible.  The doctor doesn't want to induce at all, he said that way I am more likely to progress faster.  I am staying on Lovenox until the end, which means I am not allowed an epidural.  I was told to stop my injections at the first signs of labor.  They said that with my stroke history they want me to be as natural as possible, they think it's safer in my situation.  

If I have to have a c section, I will be put to sleep.  I'm ok with that if it is to help baby.  Part of the reason they don't want to induce is to help with avoiding this.

What dosage are you on? And what first signs of labor are you looking for? I've been having contractions on and off all day, and I've been debating since this morning if I should give myself my shot or not. Now it's almost 1 in the afternoon here and I'm still not sure. 

Survived two strokes? I think you could probably do anything -- natural childbirth will be a walk in the park! Smile

• Options
    imageButterbrot:
    imageSpruceGrouse:

What dosage are you on? And what first signs of labor are you looking for? I've been having contractions on and off all day, and I've been debating since this morning if I should give myself my shot or not. Now it's almost 1 in the afternoon here and I'm still not sure. 

Survived two strokes? I think you could probably do anything -- natural childbirth will be a walk in the park! Smile

I am on 75mg 2x a day.  They told me to stop and call them when I have contractions with a pattern, any pattern or if my water breaks or if I am not sure so they can tell me what to do next.

If you are having contractions you should call and ask what to do or watch for. They can give you further instructions on what to do.

• Options
    imageSpruceGrouse:
    imageButterbrot:
    imageSpruceGrouse:

I am on 75mg 2x a day.  They told me to stop and call them when I have contractions with a pattern, any pattern or if my water breaks or if I am not sure so they can tell me what to do next.

If you are having contractions you should call and ask what to do or watch for. They can give you further instructions on what to do.

Best of luck to you! I am heading to the hospital in a little bit. Smile

• Options

I had my 34 wk appt yesterday with an u/s which showed the baby is small, measuring 2 weeks behind and in the 6th percentile :(  Fluid levels, heartbeat and everything looks healthy but they are sending me back to the perinatal center to have an u/s next week to check the cord blood flow, etc.  I'm of course worried but the doctor has said many times I will probably just have a small baby.  I just want her to be healthy.

I'm one of those who are terrified of pain and childbirth so I'll be using an epidural if possible.    

• Options
    imageButterbrot:
    imageSpruceGrouse:
    imageButterbrot:
    imageSpruceGrouse:

Best of luck to you! I am heading to the hospital in a little bit. Smile

Good luck at the hospital!! 

• Options

I am on blood thinners because I have Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome (APS).

I am looking forward to a medicated birth. With my first daughter (stillborn) I wasn't in much pain physically but emotionally and mentally it was painful, knowing that she had passed in my belly. With my son (born still 7 months later), I was in tremendous pain with him and was torn after finding out after I delivered him that he didn't make it either. I want for this birth to be medicated so that I and DH can just enjoy the experience. I never heard a cry, saw movement, saw eyes....nothing. So, I want of this pregnancy to go well and for the birth to be fairly easy-going. Im looking forward to November when LO is due to arrive!!

• Options

Good morning ladies!

Thanks for having this thread and sharing your experiences and tips.

I had a positive HPT yesterday at 12DPO and had blood work done in the afternoon, results on Monday.

2 years ago I had ahuge DVT in my left leg followed by a PE, I have Facto V Ieiden.. started baby Aspiri while TTC and I will be on Lovenox, not sure of the dose yet..

My question to you is when during your pregnancy did you start your injections?

TIA

The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible !! imageimageimage TTC#1 :) BFP#1 4/27/12,MC 5/4/12 @ 5 weeks :(
  • Options

I'm 4 weeks in with these injections and I feel like my skin is getting tougher and more resistant to the needles! Every day it takes a little more effort to get that darn thing in there... Anyone else experiencing this?

I've barely bruised yet, but I had a nasty one on Monday. My left side is definitely more sensitive, and it seems as though the higher I inject, the more likely I am to bruise. Lower injections are just fine. What gives? Haha.

QOTW: I'm hoping for natural childbirth, but my perinatologist wants to induce at 39 weeks. Maybe I can convince him otherwise, since I will refuse an epidural anyway, and I hear heparin (which I'll switch to at 36 weeks) can be reversed fairly quickly if need be... I'll take the pitocin if I have to in order to keep myself and Baby safe, but I'd really rather just let her/him decide when she/he is ready! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm back with baby #2 due 12/31. My dx is Protien S deficiency. 1 week in and no bruises yet this time. Last time they were bad when I first started, but I hadn't figured out my tricks yet either. 

I ended up with an epi the last time because between the IV fluids, BP cuff, and fetal HR monitor I couldn't move to work through the contractions. Finally when they had to switch to internal monitoring I gave in and got the epi. My anesthesiologist was great and the dosage was perfect so if I could get it just like that again I would.  I will probably try without and see how it goes because we've moved and I don't trust the drs here as much as the major med center I was at before.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"