Trying to Get Pregnant

waiting to take HPT, scared of BFN :(

This was the first month that DH and I TTC. I should be able to take a HPT in 3-5 days. I am getting really excited and I want to test now! I am scared to see a BFN or AF. My hopes are so high! I am scared of disappointment. :( 
imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
      BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                       Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: waiting to take HPT, scared of BFN :(

• Wait for your period to show (or not show) then if a BFN would bother you so much.

However on the off chance you don't, there is always next time. Some of us take awhile and some don't. Try to be patient, easier said then done I know. The disappointment never gets easier, but try to enjoy the process!!!

Married BF 6/29/2002/
    TTC Since Aug 2011/
    ME:34 all clear/DH:41 DX Severe MFI/
    IVF w/ICSI OCT 2012 Stims started 10/8/ER 10/19/12/ET 10/24/Beta#1 11/2=BFN (beta was 1.2)

IVF 2.0-Baseline 11/7/12 beta 0/All Clear
    Stim start 11/7/12//ER 11/19 11M//10F
    ET 2 embies 11/24//Beta#1 28 Beta #2 23 Beta#3 29
    stop meds Beta#4 37/C/P 5W5D EDD:8/12/13/IVF#3 in Jan

Ivf 3-frozen 3 poor 3day/fet=bfn

Ivf#4 New dr. New protocol=beta1 197 beta#2 677 beta#3 1557
     u/s 8/13 =TWINS 2 strong hb
    Due Date 4/4/14

My Chart//>

• Loading the player...
  • imageShayliz:
    Wait for your period to show (or not show) then if a BFN would bother you so much.

Totally agree.  If you're not charting and don't know when you ovulated, the recommendation is to wait until the day after your longest cycle. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• I felt like that when I started my TTC journey. I personally find it better to wait until my  "missed" period date and possibly having AF show before I even test rather then seeing that BFN.

Also don't be scared be realistic. The chances of getting a bfp your first couple of months trying is slim.  If you let your emotions take over your mind you will for sure go nuts over it. HTH! GL!

• thanks! ill try to keep myself distracted and not stress!
  • I'm in a similar situation...1st cycle TTC, temping/charting, and waiting for AF to arrive (praying she doesn't!) Good luck!
    imageimage

Our furbaby Lexi

Ovulation Chart

The name is Angel. I'm 27 years old & DH is 28. We have been together for 12 years, married on May 21, 2011. We are TTC #1! I was diagnosed with endometriosis via laparoscopy in August 2010. Off of BC since March 2012. I am a 2nd year OB/GYN Resident physician. I love getting to be involved in precious miracles first moments of life, and I can't wait until the day we are blessed to have our own miracle!
  • good luck..and if not this time then next time..dnt worry it is only 20 percent chance for success..i have been excited like you since january every time..and i just discovered my calculation were always too early...so now i am back with more information from this website..
  • Should I start charting? Even though it's my first time TTC?
  • Yeah, BFNs suck. Just wait for AF.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would suggest charting even though you just started. I have been TTC for almost three months and my anxiety has gone down after I started charting. It gives you and DH more control. I would recommend using the Fertility Friend site.

GL! 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Thanks, I check out the FF site. It is so confusing 8-l
  • imagepurplepeanut6:
    Thanks, I check out the FF site. It is so confusing 8-l

There are a ton of awesome tutorials on the FF website that help explain everything to you :) They also have an app for your phone to make it easier. 

imageimage

Our furbaby Lexi

Ovulation Chart

The name is Angel. I'm 27 years old & DH is 28. We have been together for 12 years, married on May 21, 2011. We are TTC #1! I was diagnosed with endometriosis via laparoscopy in August 2010. Off of BC since March 2012. I am a 2nd year OB/GYN Resident physician. I love getting to be involved in precious miracles first moments of life, and I can't wait until the day we are blessed to have our own miracle!
  • K thanks! I'll try it out. I wish there was an app for the nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"