November 2011 Moms

Just for fun... one more. :o)

What is your ideal/perfect engagement proposal?

Or how did your DH pop the question????

*Bored at work* Smile

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Just for fun... one more. :o)

• imagetailanis:

What is your ideal/perfect engagement proposal? I could'nt say but they way my hubby did it was priceless and I'm still laughing about it almost 6 years later.

Or how did your DH pop the question????We were drivng through the Columbia Icefields in B.C Canada and he pulled over at this beautiful look out spot where you could see the ice falls.We were driving home(12hours) after I met his folks.He was gearing up to do it and a tourist bus pulled over and well that was the end of that attempt.

So a few moments later we both needed to pee really bad and there was no bathrooms or port a potty's so he pulled into a dirt road and off we went in seperate directions to go pee in the bush.Yes I pee'd in the bush, there was no other choice.Anyways as we were meeting back up in the bush he actually proposed.His voice cracked and it was so I adorable.He said " I guess this is as good of time as any".I started crying and said yes.I spent the next 8-12hours crying on and off as we drove home.

I would'nt change how it happened for anything in the world!Thank-you for asking this question as I am now sitting here reliving the moment smiling like a crazy person.

*Bored at work* Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • FI proposed to be me at Disneyland. It was pretty perfect :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageblue2355:
    imagetailanis:

What is your ideal/perfect engagement proposal? I could'nt say but they way my hubby did it was priceless and I'm still laughing about it almost 6 years later.

Or how did your DH pop the question????We were drivng through the Columbia Icefields in B.C Canada and he pulled over at this beautiful look out spot where you could see the ice falls.We were driving home(12hours) after I met his folks.He was gearing up to do it and a tourist bus pulled over and well that was the end of that attempt.

So a few moments later we both needed to pee really bad and there was no bathrooms or port a potty's so he pulled into a dirt road and off we went in seperate directions to go pee in the bush.Yes I pee'd in the bush, there was no other choice.Anyways as we were meeting back up in the bush he actually proposed.His voice cracked and it was so I adorable.He said " I guess this is as good of time as any".I started crying and said yes.I spent the next 8-12hours crying on and off as we drove home.

I would'nt change how it happened for anything in the world!Thank-you for asking this question as I am now sitting here reliving the moment smiling like a crazy person.

*Bored at work* Smile

Oh how sweet!!!!! ?

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't like attention, so anything private would be ideal!

DH popped the question at home after I had had a really stressful day at work. Something he said set me off (at this point, I don't remember what it was) and I picked a fight with him. I stormed out after being pretty mean to him and went to our bedroom. He came in and sat on the bed next to me and said that even through our fights, he still wanted to be with me for the rest of his life, etc etc.

Not too romantic, but it fits us. I had a horrible job at the time which really stressed me out and I wasn't always the easiest person to be around. He got me through that time and always saw the good in me. I'm a lucky girl!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went to FL to visit family and when we are there we always go to Disney World.  We went to a few parks that day and ended in the Magic Kingdom because the fireworks show there is my favorite.  During the grand finale he proposed.  After 9 years I would have taken any type of proposal, but that was pretty perfect for me!
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • The closest we came to a proposal was a couple of months after we met. DH was speculating on our future together and said something about 'that little ring in your voice, and a slightly larger one on your finger'. We really just always knew we would get married. But on our engagement announcement we said that he threw one of the taco bell 'will you marry me' packets at me. lol
  • I always thought some remote spot under the 4th of July fireworks would have been pretty spectacular. But the more I think about it, you wouldn't be able to see the gorgeous ring. LOL

DH took me out to dinner and drinks after for our 7 year annoversary. We were walking back to our hotel (both a little tipsy) and he propsed on the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis. It was awesome, but I couldn't help thinking what if the ring would have fell off into the water!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What is your ideal/perfect engagement proposal? I had it :-)

Or how did your DH pop the question???? Long story- prepare yourselves!

I am a huge Disney fan and my favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid. We were out together and saw that you could preorder the DVD on a certain date, and he asked me if I would want that as an anniversary present. I said, sure, along with going out to dinner or something like that.

Our anniversary came and I had a feeling something was up. He was kind of acting funny that morning when we went to an Iowa Hawkeyes football game. I figured that if he was going to ask me to marry him, it would be that night at the restaurant that we were going to for dinner. It was the place of our first date. He also had made dinner plans with my parents without me about a month before. I found out that he asked my parents for their blessing.

We got dressed up and went to dinner and had a lovely time. I was anticipating "it" to happen, but dessert came and went, he paid and nothing happened. We left the restaurant. I wasn't disappointed, just sort of confused. We both knew that we were to get married someday, that night was just not the night he was going to make the move. :-)

We got home (we lived together prior to getting engaged) and I sat on the couch with our cat. He came in with a wrapped gift that I knew was the movie. I unwrapped it, saw that it was The Little Mermaid and said thank you. Then he said, why don't you go put the movie in. I was like, okaaay, even though he was standing right next to the entertainment center and that would mean that I would have to get up off the couch. I opened it up (the stickers and plastic wrap still on the DVD case brand new), opened the case, and the dvd was gone. Inside he had a note saying, "Rachel, You are my dream come true. Will you marry me?" The ring was attached to the case inside with a ribbon.

I screamed (!!!!!!!!!!) and freaked out and said, "yes, yes yes yesyesyesyesyes." He was like, well let me get on one knee! Then he asked me formally, and that was it.

He had used a razor to make an incision into the plastic, slid out the movie, took off the stickers (making sure not to get finger prints on them), put in the goodies and then put everything back together. I had no idea anything was different about the movie.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • That day I convinced him to donate blood with me, neither of us have ever done it and I have always wanted to.. After he casually says lets get a bottle of wine and go to the beach, we had done this quite a bit so it wasnt any different then normal.. As we are sitting at the beach I notice DH is DOWNING the wine!! Mind you we just donated blood so we were feeling the affects quicker then normal, i thought he was crazy but ignored it. DH and I start talking about our relationship and how happy we are and he pulls out a few things to give to me like a small painting he made me and a heart shape rock.. (I am still not suspecting anything, forgot to mention a few weeks earlier I casually asked when he wanted to be M-word and he said not for a few years...) Then he says I have one more thing for you and pulls out a small box, I instantly started bawling and he opens it to show me a beautiful sparkley ring that was just perfect!

That to me is the PERFECT proposal and I will never forget how amazing that day was!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DH put the ring in a Gamestop bag and pretended he bought me a game. I thought he was going to propose the day he took me to NYC to see Beauty and the Beast before they took it off of Broadway. That would have been awesome. But I got a Gamestop bag instead in our living room with no one watching. The proposal wasn't the most important thing...he hounded down 4 Littman's to find the ring I really liked, so I was pretty happy.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • DH proposed our first Christmas living together. He wrapped the ring box in a star(stars are sentimental to me) shaped box & hid it under the Christmas tree, so that it would be the last gift I got to. I slept in that morning & when I woke up he was playing World of Warcraft in the computer room(when the tree was in our apartment). I came in & said good morning. He was super excited to open gifts, so he convinced me to open them RIGHT then. I got to the star shaped box &  thought it was super cute. I opened it & found a jewelry box. I thought it was earrings or something. I was shocked to open it & see a ring! He went on with his proposal & all I kept saying was " Are you serious?" Oh yeah I realized later that the sounds of WOW were playing in the background when I was proposed to...I married a gamer, lol.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"