Pregnant after 35
Options

Officially nesting

Spent the morning sorting through DS's closet - previously known as our junk closet - so we can move him into his own room. Also scrubbed the kettle and toaster like a Type A maniac and am about to pull the trigger on an online order of NB diapers and, diaper cream, powder etc.

I don't remember having a nesting fit until after 30  weeks last time.

Re: Officially nesting

• Options

Another show off!! The only nesting I've done is rearranging the pillows more comfortably around me...in a nest. At this rate, I'll be painting in labor and assembling the crib while he's watching me from the car seat. 

• Options
    dang, I am still not nesting.  I really find it unfair.  I suppose it could be because I am just lazy.... hmmm.  oh well the baby has a place to sleep (and my cats have left it alone) so I guess we will survive.  But I am totally jealous stever!  like 30% happy for you and 70% green with envy.
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nice! I am ready to nest but DH is putting me off... he keeps saying, "we have tons of time" ... it's not going to feel that way soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Oh don't be jealous. Seriously. I'll probably go on a cleaning/organizing bender for a few days and then get back to avoidance for another 10 weeks or so.

I know myself and sustained tidying and organizing isn't my forte.

• Options
    imagehijoi:
    I never nested with Nathaniel, and I did only briefly with this one... at around 20 weeks.  Now I don't want to do anything except leave the house.
    I know. I'm so sorry, Joi Sad
  • Options

If online shopping for a $300 diaper bag is considered "nesting" then YES..... I too am nesting :-) 

My DH just prefers to call me a shopaholic but "nesting" sounds so much more legitimate 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageFyreFlyeRush:

Another show off!! The only nesting I've done is rearranging the pillows more comfortably around me...in a nest. At this rate, I'll be painting in labor and assembling the crib while he's watching me from the car seat. 

OMG, LOL!!!  That is nesting!!!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    imagestever:

I know myself and sustained tidying and organizing isn't my forte.

This is me exactly! I have spurts of cleaning frenzy, then slack off big time until I'm disgusted with the mess. We'll have to get busy soon though... We've only half transitioned DS into the big room that he'll share with DS#2, and in a month, we'll have a house guest for a few days...so we need to finish transitioning so that we'll have a guest room again. Which also means we'll need to get a futon or something for the guest room for guests to sleep on...since DS got the twin bed that was previously for guests...

I never nested with DS, I really couldn't. I was sweeling like a balloon so when I got home from work, I had to elevate my feet, and we were getting ready to move too, so all I could do was stare at the baby stuff we had gotten as gifts and day dream about where it would go when we closed escrow (which happened the day DS was born because the seller dragged their butt finalizing stuff on their end)

• Options
    Me too, i spend all day yesterday cleaning and tidying thankfuly with my moms help and today went through my wardrobes and drawers and have given 2 big bags full of clothes to charity, feel really good about that, next week i will tackle a 'junk room' we have because that will eventually be a play room and probably go through all my kitchen units!!  Man im beat tonight i tell ya!!  Happy nesting or not ladies Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"