1st Trimester
Options

Boise- St. Luke's versus St. Alphonsus?...Digiosia versus Fealko?

I'm having a really hard time deciding on a doctor. I think the St Alphonsus maternity center is beautiful and that St Luke's feels more like a hospital. But I called both places to schedule 1st and 2nd appointments and St Lukes schedules me 9 days earlier than St Als. I'm really nervous as this is my first pregnancy (and a friend of mine recently miscarried) so I just want to get in and have a doctor let me know if everything is going as it should be as soon as possible. At St. Al's I scheduled with Dr. Digiosia and at St Lukes with Dr. Monika Fealko. Please share you experiences with these doctors or at one hospital versus the other. Thank you!

Re: Boise- St. Luke's versus St. Alphonsus?...Digiosia versus Fealko?

• Options
    I don't live in Boise anymore, but I grew up there, and was born in St. Lukes.  St. Lukes always had the better reputation for maternity care, but I don't know, maybe things have changed? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I dont have any experience with St Al's but my OB for my DD was Dr. Timothy West at the Women's Clinic (St Luke's), who was recommended by 2 friends.

I had a wonderful experience at St Luke's and will return for #2 

Congrats! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker BFP 4/15/12 - M/C @ 7W D&C 5/12/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Definitely Saint Als. The rooms are so nice and the nurses are incredible. I felt super pampered and very safe. They have this program where there are OBs in the hospital 24 hours a day so I felt really good about that (in case my OB couldn't get there). I even got a massage. I had my first at another hospital but after having this one at Saint Als, I would never go anywhere else. It was a fantastic expierience and they have a nicu right there just in case the baby needs something right away. 

A friend had Dr. Digosia and absolutely loved her.  

• Options
    I can really understand your emotions, especially since this is your first pregnancy.  At St. Alphonsus, we take your due date into consideration, and schedule your visits when it makes most sense in your pregnancy.  If you feel you would like to get in sooner, you can call our clinic, and talk to my primary nurse, Gail, to discuss your individual concerns, and maybe come in earlier.  I LOVE practicing at St. Alphonsus.  The labor and delivery unit is smaller than St. Lukes, so many patients enjoy that.  Having the 24 hour "laborists" contributes to our excellent safety record.  We also have 24 hour anesthesia providers on labor and delivery.  I hope this helps, and good luck with your decision making!
  • Options

I'm a mom who just gave birth at the end of December to a beautiful baby boy at Saint Alphonsus.  My experience was nothing short of amazing.  The facility was incredible, but more importantly, the people that took care of us were top-notch.  I would never consider giving birth anywhere else.  (I also gave birth to my daughter in 2008 at Saint Als and had a remarkable experience then as well).

I did not have Dr. DiGiosia - but she does practice in the same clinic as my OB.  I have had the priviledge of meeting her - and she is wonderful.  The clinic cares tremendously about their patients, and schedule appointments according to your pregnancy. 

As a woman who has suffered two miscarriages, I know how important reassurance is.  Talk to the clinic and let them know what you need/want - they will make it happen.

Good luck to you in your pregnancy! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"