Breastfeeding
Options

If you have a stud & dud- a ? for you

My right side appears to be my "dud" breast-this morning I got 7.25 out of my left and 1 out of my right.  I've read on here that the baby is more effective at getting milk out than a pump is, so my question is, should I be feeding LO from my dud in the mornings?

This morning I nursed DD from my right side (the dud) around 6:50 and then when I pumped at 8:15 I got 1 ounce.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you have a stud & dud- a ? for you

• Options

Doesn't sound like a dud to me.  You can make ~1oz per hour.  Sounds like your "dud" did just that! 

I have a legit dud.  I pump at work every 2 hours and get 2oz from the left (at least) and barely 0.5oz from the dud.

I nurse both sides always b/c my dud does not satisfy LO at all.

• Options
    imagejlsimon56:

Doesn't sound like a dud to me.  You can make ~1oz per hour.  Sounds like your "dud" did just that! 

I have a legit dud.  I pump at work every 2 hours and get 2oz from the left (at least) and barely 0.5oz from the dud.

That makes me feel better! LO is a big eater so I was worried about only getting 1oz.

ps your siggy ticker (honey badger) cracks me up!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKoalaBear103:
    imagejlsimon56:

That makes me feel better! LO is a big eater so I was worried about only getting 1oz.

ps your siggy ticker (honey badger) cracks me up!

Well you know what they say about the honey badger.....   :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"