Military Families

(insert four letter word) finance!

LES are out and DHs says he is getting 1/2 his paycheck and owes over 7K to the military. I have NO clue how this could have happened and when we went to finance they werent sure either. For now they told us to come back tomorrow so they can call DFAS and possibly get an answer. This couldnt be happening at a worse time. We are about to PCS and are supposed to start our leave & travel on Friday.

I heard if DH has allotments then they have to be paid before any owed debt is taken from the pay. Is this true? I would like to set up allotments to another checking account to help cover us on the paycheck for the 15th. Does anyone have any experience with this?

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: (insert four letter word) finance!

• DH worked with a guy that this happened to on two separate LES's, well, kind of.  When he went to finance and they called DFAS they found out it was their bad and set him up with money for the essentials (groceries, rent, etc.).  Hopefully this is the case for you.
    ETA: For us they forgot to take BAH out and we really did owe. Fortunately we noticed and had saved the money. And another co-worker was given higher BAH for a different duty station than where he was. He had to pay that back as well. I certainly hope this is not your issue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • although i dont have any advice for you (i hope things work out!) i have some choice words for finance too. its been over two months and i still havent seen any of my dependent rate for my son and when i call i am pretty much told to wait it out. ugh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PitaPata Dog tickers Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't forget that you can always go to your ACS (or Fleet & Family Support) for monetary assistance if Finance can't immediately rectify the problem. 
  • imageArmyQM:
    Don't forget that you can always go to your ACS (or Fleet & Family Support) for monetary assistance if Finance can't immediately rectify the problem. 

AER is an amazing program. I think we'll be ok since my pay was correct, but it does effect our PCS travel plans 

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"