Breastfeeding

1st day back-how am I doing?

Today is my first day back at work and I'm wondering if this all sounds good. I pumped at 8:15 (got 5oz total) and 11 (got 4 oz total) and I plan to pump again at 2:15. I will get home w.LO's at 5:30 and plan to bf E as soon as I get home. 

Does that sound normal, to get 9 ounces in 2 sessions?  I'm so nervous about not making enough for her. She's a big time eater while on the boob but has refused bottles, so I'm not sure how much she will be eating at day care.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 1st day back-how am I doing?

• Yup, that's about normal so far. I usually pump about 4oz/session, which is exactly what DD takes in her bottles.

Since I take you've never really pumped much before, that would make sense - your body only makes what your LO eats.

• Sounds like you're doing great! 

Even if LO doesn't eat much at daycare keep pumping. My DS started by only taking 2-4oz per day in a 9 hour period. This went on for a month. Now he's starting to take more, we're up to 4-7oz per day.  

You may end up with a huge freezer stash. That's what happened to me, I started running out of room & couldn't rotate fast enough. I ended up making a few donations to local moms.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That's pretty much what I get. Usually the first session is by far the best and the others are only about a bottle apiece.
    Raising a threenager since 11/11
    Baby boy #2 due 5/6/15
  • imageArcadianDreams:
    That's pretty much what I get. Usually the first session is by far the best and the others are only about a bottle apiece.
    That's why I was nervous that I only got 5 oz at my first session. Hopefully tomorrow it will be a bit more.
  • Just wanted to say that is awesome - I am lucky to get 3 oz a session, no matter what time of day, so it sounds like you are doing great.
    imageimage
  • imagekmm2150:
    Just wanted to say that is awesome - I am lucky to get 3 oz a session, no matter what time of day, so it sounds like you are doing great.
    Thanks! I ended up with 13 for the day. I know I need to increase my calories a bit, so hopefully that will help. I have a big time eater on my hands and I don't think 13 ounces a day will keep up with her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"