Preemies

Never have I been so excited to hear the word DISCHARGE!!!! *Adalyn update 4/23

I can't believe that the day is almost finally here!!! Adalyn's neonatologist told us today that they are planning for her going home on Thursday! Today we met with her pulmonologist and pediatrician, and home medical equipment team will be doing the training in her room with us tomorrow. She will be going home on oxygen, a pulse ox, and an apnea monitor. She is on such a miniscule amount of oxygen flow (0.025L) and since all babies are different, they can't give me a definite date when she will go off of it. However, given her history and how she has been doing, both her pediatrician and pulmonologist think that she may only need oxygen for a couple of months, and it may only be during her feedings or while she is sleeping, etc. So, we'll be able to wean her off of it while at home. She will probably need the apnea monitor for about 4 to 6 months, but it's like a band that goes around the abdomen (which is what they told me). Good thing babies don't wear skin tight clothing, right? :)

She will also re-do her car seat test (she failed it yesterday by 10 minutes.) She's going to have a bit of equipment, but it's all portable and I'm confident we can manage. DH and I have been living at the hospital, with at least one of us here 24 hours a day to make sure we get her routine, figure out her cries, do all her feedings, etc, for the last week or so. She gets very angry when she isn't fed on time. She definitely has a different cry for when she is hungry, when she is gassy, and when she needs her diaper changed. It's really neat figuring out her cues, watching her just look around, and crying because she wants to be held and "join" our conversation by watching us while we talk. :)

Thank you all so much for all your thoughts and prayers! She will still have a billion appointments, but we'll be able to manage her at home! I can't wait to get wheeled out of here with her in my arms!!!! I can already forsee my face to be one hot emotional fabulous mess!!! :)
TTC Since July 2008.
Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
FET 1 3/2013 BFN
FET 2 5/2013 BFN
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Never have I been so excited to hear the word DISCHARGE!!!! *Adalyn update 4/23

• YAH congrats!!! Great news!

PS we went home on a monitor, too.

• What a beautiful word!! Congrats!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is fabulous!!!!!

Jack came home on Thursday with an apnea/brady monitor, and it's not a big deal at all. The sensors and velcro strap are no big deal at all compared to what he was hooked up to in the NICU; the only thing that's kind of a pain is having to carry around the monitor itself (ours is about the size of a DSL modem)... if we take him from one room to another, or if we take him somewhere like his doctor's appointment today, we have to unplug it and carry it with us. But, it's not that big of a deal, and like you said, soon we're hoping to just use it at night and possibly during feedings. (Jack has only had two quick bradys, and no apneas, since he's been home... both of the bradys happened when he got a little choked during a bottle feeding.)

Huge congrats to you and Adalyn... I'm telling you, having your LO home after such a long NICU stay is a dream come true!!! 

Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • That is AWESOME news! So excited for you all.
    Jenn Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • That's awesome!  We had apnea monitors for almost 3 months and while they are a pain to deal with, there is nothing better than having your baby HOME.  Good luck the next few days!
  • YAY - thats really fantastic news to hear she will be home with you soon! everything else will seen like no big deal when you finally have your family all under one roof!!!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Great news :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is amazing news!!! Congrats!!

Ethan is home on oxygen, a monitor, and other equipment. Our nursery looks a little like a hospital room, but whatever...we are just so happy to have him home. Glad Adalyn will be home with you very soon!

• Yay for your LO being discharged!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"