Eco-Friendly Family

Oil Cleansing Method and maybe TMI?

I have a weird question about this and wasn't able to find satisfying answers via Google. My OCM mix is part EEO and part castor oil. I know that ingesting this oil is dangerous during pregnancy but I was wondering if using it topically is ok?

I haven't used the OCM since getting pregnant but I'm breaking out now and I can't get that ultra clean feeling from any pre-made cleanser.

Also I'm worried because when I started doing the OCM years ago I got a little carried away and did it every 2 days for 2 weeks. I didn't get full blown laxative effects but my stool was definitely looser. So here I am worried that topical use might get into my system too much, am I over thinking this? 

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Oil Cleansing Method and maybe TMI?

• Sorry, what's "EEO"?

I've used OCM with a blend of castor and grapeseed oils and have had no problems with it.  I usually use it every other day or every few days, depending on my activities and how grimey my skin looks.

Is it possible that you'd change something in your diet around the same time you started OCM?  I've never heard of anyone having a laxative effect from the topical application of castor oil before.

• Like pp said, topical castor oil has no effect on stool.  You would have to ingest it to have that effect. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • pescipesci member

Whoops that was supposed to say EVOO, that will teach me to read articles while posting *blush*

I don't remember if I changed my diet, that was 5-6 years ago, but that would explain why I can't find any info on that. Thanks a lot! :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"