June 2012 Moms

Car Seat Inspection

So the car seat post below got me thinking about getting it in and having it inspected to make sure we know how to install it correctly so we can do it a few times to be comfortable with it before LO is born. I looked up places around here to have it inspected and the closest place on the list is 40 minutes away! If I went to the police station or fire department, would they just look at it for me? Or do I have to go to one of the Child Safety Seat Inspection Stations listed online?
imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Car Seat Inspection

• Our police department does it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The Highway Patrol where I live helps you install it for free...they show you how to do it then you have to do it again on your own and then they inspect it to make sure it's safe.  Try calling the HP in your area to see if they do this too, the worst they can say is no.
  • Loading the player...
  • Our local fire department installed/inspected it for us for no cost.

He explained to me that in order for him to be able to do this they had to go to 40 hours of car seat safety classes. He also showed us how to properly install it as he was doing it so we know for next time.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Another option would be to call a car dealership. The place where we bought our car has someone who does it there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think most fire stations will do inspections for free - it is worth a call to them as some only offer inspections on certain days.

If you are looking for help with correct installation you might be able to check with baby stores that have a good reputation for car seats. There is one in my area and they have certified car seat technicians on staff that will walk you through how to do it yourself (for legal reasons they can't do it for you).

pregnancy pregnancy
  • imagemylittlesunshine:

Our local fire department installed/inspected it for us for no cost.

He explained to me that in order for him to be able to do this they had to go to 40 hours of car seat safety classes. He also showed us how to properly install it as he was doing it so we know for next time.

That is how it is done here too.  Not all fire depts do it, but I'm sure that if you call them they would know who to refer you to if they don't.  They probably get that question all the time.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"