Trouble TTC
Options

switch to IVF mid cycle if respond too well to injects?

I responded too frickin well to injects. Gotta wait results from bw, but likely gonna have to cancel this cycle. I'm wondering if they'd consider switching to IVF. is that to complicated to switch mid cycle? I have at least 5 follicles between 14-17mm and many more smaller follicles. I'm on day 8 today. Thoughts?
Dx: LPD, late ovulation;
 July 2012:IUI #6 on 7/28, BFP on 8/9,beta 97, 8/11 189, 8/13 400!!   DS born 4/18!
9/30/13 - Miracle BFP, released from RE 10/21, EDD 6/6/14, DD born 5/27!
6/19/16 - Miracle BFP, EDD 2/25/17

 image






Re: switch to IVF mid cycle if respond too well to injects?

  • Options

    I spoke to my nurse about this when I went in for monitoring last week. I said I obviously over respond to injects even with a hybrid cycle, whats the chances that they will convert me to IVF? She said although they will do that sometimes, it is not the norm. She said with IUI cycles, we're not on Lupron and other meds that are associated with IVF, so they don't like converting.

    I was also cancelled with my second cycle of injects, and it was decided then to switch me to Femara + Injects. Although I still slightly over responded, we were able to move forward with IUI. Just an option.

    TTC #1 since 6/2010
    8 IUIs - 3 Cancelled cycles - 1 Ectopic Pregnancy with Left tube removal = A broken heart
    IVF #1 : Fall 2012
    15R - 13M - 13F w/ICSI - Transferred 2 day 5 blasts = BFP!!!
    8 Frosties!
    Beta #1: 135, Beta #2: 312, Beta #3: 996
    10/21: Saw one beautiful flickering heartbeat! EDD: 6/12/13
    ?S/PAIFW?

    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

    imageimageBabyFruit Ticker

  • Options
    This cycle (I think) on cd 8 I have four within 13mm-17mm and on cd10 two had dropped off and two had increased.  Have they thought about waiting a day or two and checking again with U/S and b/w for e2 before deciding to cancel?

    TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

    My Blog

    image



  • Loading the player...
  • Options

    I overstimmed on one of my cycles and they didnt cancel me at 6 follicles because they were hoping a few dropped off.  But when I went back the next day and had 13 follicles, they offered to convert it to IVF.  I couldnt do it because we had booked a vacation for when it would need to be done.

    Have they talked to you about maybe switching to TI?

     

    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    it turned around! my estrogen level is at 571, so I only have two true, mature eggs. I trigger tomorrow and go in for IUI 4 on Monday.
    Dx: LPD, late ovulation;
     July 2012:IUI #6 on 7/28, BFP on 8/9,beta 97, 8/11 189, 8/13 400!!   DS born 4/18!
    9/30/13 - Miracle BFP, released from RE 10/21, EDD 6/6/14, DD born 5/27!
    6/19/16 - Miracle BFP, EDD 2/25/17

     image






  • Options
    Great news!
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"