June 2012 Moms
Options

Summer Vacation with baby (FTM?)

My husband and I are planning to go to Cape Cod in August to visit my aunt and celebrate our anniversary. We will bring the baby, but my aunt also told us that if we wanted to go to the beach that she would watch DD.

The hotel we are staying at has heated pools (indoor and outdoor). The baby will be around 10w when we go. Is she too young to go in the pool? We would obviously watch how long we kept her in them (chemicals in the pool and what not) but if they are heated, would she be fine to go in for a few minutes?

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Re: Summer Vacation with baby (FTM?)

• Options
    My friend had her baby in a pool around that time, he was about 3 months I think. She bought an inflatable boat and floated him in there. He loved it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Our ped had no problem with DD being in the pool. She went in around 2 weeks old. Of course, it was our own pool, but still. She was able to get in before me. ;) Hope you have a great trip!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started taking DS to the pool when he was 4 wks old.  However, a "heated" pool to us is often too cold for baby.  Your LO should be fine for up to about 20 min or so, but will also let you know if she wants to get out or is cold.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • Options
    I think you should ask your ped when babies can start wearing sunscreen. I heard a full 3 months so I would just be careful and make sure to ask your doc!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sunscreen is really the only issue. Our ped suggests waiting 6 months for that. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I live in Hawaii and had the same question. I did a quick google search and something you may want to consider is the fact that at 10 weeks the baby's immune system isn't built up. It's generally not suggested to take babies under the age of 2-3months into a pool, but I would check with the pedi. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My pedi told me 6 months with DD. I've read the reasoning is due to the chemicals and a baby's respiratory system (i.e. breathing in the chemicals can damage the lungs) as well as their skin being too thin to tolerate the sun, even with sunscreen. 

Talk to your pedi.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"