April 2011 Moms

recipes for picky eaters

DS#2 is not half the eater DS#1 is and although feeding him graham crackers 24/7 is easy, I'm pretty sure the nutritional value is limited.  My next plan is to start sneaking fruits and veggies into muffins or other baked goods.  Does anyone have any recipes or websites with recipes they can recommend?

Thanks!

Big Boy N - 2009
Little Man Z - 2011
Baby Girl E - 2013

Re: recipes for picky eaters

•  I would love some as well since I'm pretty sure a steady diet of cheerios isn't gonna cut it  :)

I normally look on cooks.com or allrecipes.com for inspiration.  I know I found a recipe for banana muffins on one of those a few weeks ago that was a hit with the munchkin, but now I can't find it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I try and sneak as many veggies as I can into foods DD will actually eat. She loves eggs and pasta so I usually add sauted peppers and other veggies into those. She'll eat about half before she realizes they're there :) A friend of mine swears by that book by Jessica Seinfeld where she adds pureed veggies into pretty much everything (pancakes, muffins, mac and cheese etc).

• Loading the player...
  • AMB11AMB11 member

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will check that book out!!

Big Boy N - 2009
    Little Man Z - 2011
    Baby Girl E - 2013

• Search "toddler muffins" on pinterest. DD loves them!

Also: 2 -3 veggie purees, one mashed banana, 3 eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and oats. Cook like pancakes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Try crushing up some graham crackers or cheerios and coat soft cooked fruits or veggies in the crumbs. I did this with carrots and squash and my DD gobbled them both up. Before she refused to eat either of those.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"