3rd Trimester

Emotional at 37 Weeks??

I woke up this morning in a perfectly good mood. My husband wanted french toast for breakfast, so I started making it. It wasn't coming out like I wanted it too and I started to get really emotional and frustrated. My husband couldn't figure out why I was getting so upset over french toast (I mean c'mon he should really know by now that pregnant woman get upset over little things for no reason). I kept snapping at him, which was making him and me even more upset. Until I got so upset that I threw everything down, locked myself in the bedroom and cried for over an hour....OVER FRENCH TOAST!!! I was really emotional like this during my first tri, but have not been like that ever since! It just came out of the blue today, at 37 weeks!?! Has anyone else had these emotional breakdowns this late in pregnancy??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Emotional at 37 Weeks??

• Um, yes.  I just had a breakdown the other day to my DH who is out of town on business.  Just because he's not here and I feel overwhelmed (by nothing, really, but still).  And to make matters worse, his mom called me while I was just gearing up and getting really upset over NOTHING.  So I ended up crying to her on the phone about how upset I am her son isn't here right now.  Which wasn't good, because now I'm sure she thinks we're in some big fight over it.  This all happened on Monday, and yesterday morning I called my DH again and told him I'm sorry, I was just emotional over nothing.  I'm an extremely even-keeled person, which is why this is so funny.  He said to me, "don't worry about it, you haven't had a meltdown like that since your first trimester, so I think you're doing pretty good!"  Ha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At least once a week I get emotional over nothing. I have had a really stressful pregnancy and for 2 months was on complete bed rest and now I am on a modified bed rest so I dont know if it has anything to do with me just being bored out of my mind and not being able to do anything about it. Hubby made a comment about me driving my car and if my bump got in the way last week, I know he was just kidding but for some reason it really bothered me and I just walked away and could do nothing but cry for the next hour. I felt stupid afterwards but I think part of it is I just want my body back and I want to feel like a "normal" person again. Good luck I'm pretty sure there are more of us out there who have emotional breakdowns over nothing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, happens all the time,lol.

Not really all the time but I HAVE been that crying woman who says everything is "fine."  Because really it is fine and I just can't stop crying for some reason over something that I can't even explain.

I am a really direct person so if something is bothering me I usually admit it, figure it out, or move on. But pregnant me is a whole different ball game.  I just tell DH that if I'm really upset about something I will tell him otherwise it's just the hormones and to ignore me until I ask him to do otherwise, lol.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I called an old lady the B word for cutting in front of me in the Panda Express food line. I was beyond pissed. After I got my food I was just fine, but a little embarrased of my actions. The lady was like 75 years old, but she just walked right passed me and proceeded to order..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"