September 2012 Moms
Options

2+ moms, Pedi question

So this baby will have the same Pedi as my DD, they said you are just automatically a patient if a sibling is already one. My question is, do I need to call and "register" this baby as a patient of theirs?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2+ moms, Pedi question

• Options
    Probably.  We plan to.  Then they'll at least know which doctor to send to evaluate him when we're in recovery at the birthing center.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    If you're unsure, I would just call the office and ask what their procedure is. I go in next month for my son's 15m check-up and plan on asking them if there is any paperwork I need to fill out and what other steps I'll need to take before and after the new baby is born.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    I plan on telling them at DS's 18 month check up. I wanted to wait until I knew the sex to ask certain questions. We moved so this is not the same pedi we used when DS was an infant.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options

It's always good to call them and let them know.  I work in a pediatric office, it is so helpful to know ahead of time so that the chart can be prepared and such.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you for asking this, I was just thinking about this today!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    I was going to email my pedi to let them know and ask if there is anything they need me to do.  I need to put this on my to-do list.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageJJsMom211:
    If you're unsure, I would just call the office and ask what their procedure is. I go in next month for my son's 15m check-up and plan on asking them if there is any paperwork I need to fill out and what other steps I'll need to take before and after the new baby is born.
    ooh, good idea!
  • Options
    I just let them know at my son's 15 month appt that I was expecting and when my due date is.  My pedi is super on top of things and I'm sure he was typing a note in the computer right there in the exam room!  We just let the hospital know who our pedi is when we pre-register and they notify the office when the baby is born so they can come and do their exam.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"