June 2012 Moms
Options

Attention second time moms....

What would you say was the most important thing you had for your LO that you couldn't get through without??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Attention second time moms....

• Options
    Patience...
  • Options

imagesassafras007:
    Patience...

Can I buy that somewhere cause that is one thing that scares me, I am not known for my patience

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow, this is a tough one.   I assume you're excluding all the essentials (car seat, crib or bassinet, stroller, bottles, diapers).  Because, obviously we wouldn't have made it without those things. 

As for the non-essentials......I guess I have to say the binky and her Nap Nanny. 

I'd also put my glider high on that list.

• Options

imagesassafras007:
    Patience...

Ha!  This is awesome. 

I'd say swaddle blankets.  We only had one, and DS's diaper leaked in the middle of the night.  He wouldn't sleep unless he was swaddled, and so at 3:30am, DH was on youtube trying to figure out how to make a swaddle out of a regular baby blanket.  We have 4 this time!

• Options
    One more would be support.  DH was awesome.  He held my hand the entire way through - including getting up early every weekend to take DS downstairs so I could sleep in.  He'd only wake me when it was feeding time. 
  • Options

i was anti-swing at first because i didn't want the baby 'getting used to it' where he wouldn't sleep anywhere but the swing.  but 3 weeks after he was born i was so tired and desperate we got a swing and he would sleep for a few hours in it with my hands free....priceless!  i also was a huge fan of having a moby carrier for a newborn and an ergo when he was bigger---again, he would sleep (or at least was happy and cozy with me) but my hands were free to eat, get something done, change the laundry, etc. 

having your hands free becomes precious!

diagnosed with stage IV endo via lap surgery IVF #1 - 27 eggs! 14 fertilized (3 natural, 11 ICSI) 5dt of A embryo, froze 6 BFP on 9/28! Baby K born via surprise c-section after 15 hrs of labor and he is perfect!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

frozen transfer a success! boy #2 via VBAC Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Gas drops and pacifiers
  • Options
    The swing (FP Snuggabunny) and the Miracle Blanket. She napped in the swing and slept in the MB at night. She was STTN at 1 month old and I give all the credit to the MB.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The swing for us too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sam19sam19 member

anti depressants. lol

There wasn't really one really necessary thing. My kid cried no matter what. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Options
    imagejc0n15:

imagesassafras007:
    Patience...

Can I buy that somewhere cause that is one thing that scares me, I am not known for my patience

I borrowed some from my MIL.  I had to give it back though because FIL was pissing her off. 

LOL!  Honestly, his newborn napper in his pack n play.  We took that thing everywhere.  DS didn't get his crib setup until we were in our new house, so it was everything we needed until we moved. 

• Options
    I was anti swing and glider....but broke down the first week.  Comfort is super important.  Agree with swaddle blankets too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The swing by far!
  • Options

No joke on the anti depressants! I had PPD so bad after my first that I started anti depressants in the third trimester with my second child as well as this one. Life is way better when you know what you need.

Here's a great "well mom" checklist that I used everyday to track my daily moods to make sure I wasn't slipping not a depression, very helpful. I think every new mom should print this and hang it on the refrigerator.

https://www.thewellmom.com/artman/publish/homepageArticles/checkInWithYourself.shtml

• Options
    Sorry cant make it clicky, darn iPad.
  • Options
    Another vote for the swing and swaddle blankets/sacks.  I also loved my glider and the Boppy.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Glider, especially because after a few months, DS would ONLY nurse in the glider.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    Baby carrier (we had an ergo)
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options
    The bouncer, for sure.  She loved that thing...
  • Options
    A great partner.  I had the habit of falling asleep anytime, anywhere and he was always there to help out or take baby if I was holding her.  That worked out great till he took up the hobby of taking pictures of me and how many ways I could fall asleep mid conversation.  Gotta love hubbies!
  • Options
    Baby Carrier.  I love my ring sling and Beco!
    To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Options
    Thank you ladies, this thread was incredibly helpful!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

The Fisher Price Rock n Play sleeper

Aden & Anais blankets.  LOVE LOVE LOVE those.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"