May 2012 Moms

10 things not to say to an overdue pregnant woman

https://pregnancy.about.com/od/overduepregnanci/a/overdueadvice.htm. (sorry no clicky)

Sent to me by a friend who will be overdue tomorrow.  If I go over I may print this out and post it outside my office. 

Due 12/20/11 ~ Lost our Muskrat at 9w2d
4/25/12 ~ Our angel, Persephone James, is here!

Re: 10 things not to say to an overdue pregnant woman

• Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Awesome. They shouldn't say these things to ANY pregnant woman, IMO. But, I've gotten:

Are they sure they got the dates right? Actually, no they're not...it's a guess, not a guarantee.

And, "Your belly is HUGE." This one almost reduced me to tears. I was 32w at the time.

• Loading the player...
  • And this is why when I was overdue I tried not to go into public or talk to anyone I didn't have to. People are mean and insensitive and being overly pregnant doesn't help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • imagebellelamb:
    And this is why when I was overdue I tried not to go into public or talk to anyone I didn't have to. People are mean and insensitive and being overly pregnant doesn't help.

This is exactly what I plan to do as my due date approaches.  I'm already tired of the questions, "You're still here!?"  or, "When are you due???" from people who *literally* ask on a daily basis.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"