September 2012 Moms
Options

Registering - bottle nipples & sterilizer ?'s

So I'm registering for bottles with the slow-flow nipples, should I register for the medium flow nipples now? Or just wait and buy those later?

Also, any thoughts on bottle sterilizers? Necessary or no?

BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: Registering - bottle nipples & sterilizer ?'s

• Options

My advice: It may be nice to have a couple shlow-flow nipples in case the baby had burp or gas issues- but you'll most likely use med-flow nipples the most.

Sterilizers are great- especially good ones that will save you time boiling.

Happy Registering! 

Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Every baby is different..we stuck with level 1 nipples for at least a few months. I say register for all types! I have a Munchkin bottle sterilizer and loooove it!!! You just put it in the microwave and bam, everything inside is sterilized!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I wouldn't register for the nipples, there's so much other stuff you'll need and you never know what your baby will prefer.  I'd just buy a handful of whatever brand you're thinking of using and go back for more or another brand when you figure out what works.

We didn't use a sterilizer.  We used the dishwasher for our bottles (used the Playtex drop ins) and I'd boil the nipples weekly.  I do know other people swear by the sanitizer, though, so if you're having a big shower and looking for things to fill out your registry, it can't hurt!

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member

We used level 1 for the first few months (especially when he was still BF). I wouldn't bother registering for faster flow nipples because you don't know what bottles your LO will end up liking best.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options

You don't need a sterilizer. Boil the nipples once when they are brand new and after that washing with soap and water is all that is necessary. Your kid will get all kinds of fun germs from sucking on toys, feet, cheerios off the ground...there is no need to attempt to have bottles sterile (absent a specific medical condition).

With my DD, I used the slow flow nipples for the first 4 or 5 months, then went to medium. I never used the fast flow nipples.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would wait b/c you probably won't know what bottles baby will take to right away. So, once you know what bottle the baby likes, then you can get faster flow nipples when that time comes.

I never used a sterilizer, so I can't say about that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"