September 2012 Moms

UTI Question (probably a dumb one)

So I have had UTIs when I havent been pregnant but never while I have been.  Well I am pretty sure I have one and made an appt but was wondering something.

If you have had a UTI while pregnant are you just going to a normal doctor or have you gone to your OB??  Again sorry for the dumb question just thinking that if it is in fact not a UTI where is the better place to be??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: UTI Question (probably a dumb one)

• This is me, and last week, I made an appt just to make sure... and yup, I had one. My dr. said normally signs of UTI are more masked during pregnancy, and if uncatched, could turn into a kidney infection! GL and it's better to be safe than sorry!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Manx4Manx4 member
    I go to my OBGYN - my other doctors won't touch me prior to discussing things with my OBGYN while I'm pregnant so I just skip the step and talk to them about issues.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageManx4:
    I go to my OBGYN - my other doctors won't touch me prior to discussing things with my OBGYN while I'm pregnant so I just skip the step and talk to them about issues.

So OBGYN can take you typically?  I know that I would feel better going there then a general doctor.

• My OB told me to come to him for everything.  He said a lot of Dr's don't want to see pregnant women, or prescribe them things.  I'd rather go to my OB anyways, because he is more versed on what meds are safe and which ones are not.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehunter91011:
    My OB told me to come to him for everything.  He said a lot of Dr's don't want to see pregnant women, or prescribe them things.  I'd rather go to my OB anyways, because he is more versed on what meds are safe and which ones are not.

This is my feelings exactly.  Thanks everyone for the responses I think that I will change my appt :)

• Manx4Manx4 member

Yup, I just call the OB office, tell the nurse why I want to see the Dr and they schedule me.  My OB would rather see me anyway to keep a running record of my pregnancy in case there are ever questions or concerns. 

My rule is, once you're pregnant the only doctor you need to see is your OBGYN unless they refer you to someone else.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"