June 2012 Moms

Just got home from my baby shower!

I had a great time! I had some family drive in 13 hours from out of state and it was so good to see them. It was also the first time my dad's brothers and sisters were all together since my grandmother passed away and having them all there (well... the boys went fishing but i saw them beforehand) was almost like having my grandmother there with me. 

People were so generous... I got all the major things off my registry - pack'n'play, 2 carseats, stroller, high chair, two swings, video baby monitor, and a snap and go frame that is compatible with both car seats. I got a lot of off-registry stuff too, mostly toys and blankets. I'm not one of those people who is to concerned about "sticking to the registry" I just put a bunch of small toys and things on there to make it easier for people to pick something easily if they went into the store not having any idea on what to get. The only thing i'm really short on is diapers, BUT the hostesses for my next 2 baby showers (i'm having 3... long story) were there and know that i didn't get a lot and I have a feeling I will be getting more in the near future!

The most special thing about this baby shower to me was that my dad's brothers and sisters bought my travel system and my big swing and signed it from my grandmother because they pooled some of the money they inherited from her to get them. It was really really special. 

My baby shower experience was awesome but exhausting so i'm going to head to bed! 

I hope all you ladies had an awesome weekend!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just got home from my baby shower!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"