September 2012 Moms
Options

Help me with my worries!

So before last night my baby was super active.  The kicks and movements can't really be felt on the outside yet but I could feel a lot myself.  Last night DH and I went to a wedding (no alcohol for me!) where I did a LOT of dancing and jumping and just plain shananigans.  It's probably the longest amount time of heavy activity that I have done during this pregnancy.  Since last night, I haven't felt the baby move once. Not even once... I know it's stupid but I can't help but worry.

Re: Help me with my worries!

• Options
    mb314mb314 member

Your baby is really well cushioned, so dancing/jumping/other fun stuff would not cause any harm.  Lord knows I did a ton of dancing at two weddings since being knocked up. I wouldn't worry about it!  

I haven't felt my LO move yet.  However, from what I've read, movement is really sporadic until you are much further along.  The baby could just be in another part of your uterus where you're not feeling him/her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Definitely don't worry about the dancing and everything.  I'm a Zumba instructor so I'm doing some crazy dancing on a regular basis.  Not to mention, when I was PG with DD, I was told that dancing is one of the best exercises to do when PG.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you have a fellow prego that could loan you their doppler? Sometimes that'll give you the peace of mind. My doctor told me that they don't start worrying about consistant movements until 28 weeks because they're so sporadic until then. You could always try laying real still on your left side and seeing if you feel anything but at this point there's no need to worry :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.  You all really did make me feel better. I don't have anyone I could borrow a doppler from (or I promise I would be bothering them all the time Wink).  I'll drink a soda with dinner tonight as a treat to myself and see if that doesn't wake him up.  He's usually more active in the evening anyway so should give him a jump start.  Thanks again everyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"