Baby Showers

returning Carter's clothing items w/o receipt?

Hi ladies!  I received a TON of Carter's baby clothing as gifts from my shower.  Most did not come with a gift receipt and were not on my registry.  I now have much more than I really need - especially in the 0 to 3 months category. 

If possible, I'd like to exchange some of the items for larger sizes for when baby gets bigger.  Problem is, I don't know where the clothing was purchased and do not have a receipt.  I know that carter's is sold everywhere (kohls, target, BBB, BBRS, etc).  Are there any stores that will take a return without receipt for store credit or for exchange?  I am registered at BBRS and buy buy baby.  

Re: returning Carter's clothing items w/o receipt?

• Most places will take the clothes without a receipt, especially if you are just looking to exchange for a bigger size.  I would take them back to a Carters outlet if you have one nearby.  Their prices are always much higher than Kohls/Boscovs and other places that sell Carters clothing.  If you exchange it where the price is highest you will be able to get more in the sizes you need.
  • imageJenJH923:
    Most places will take the clothes without a receipt, especially if you are just looking to exchange for a bigger size.  I would take them back to a Carters outlet if you have one nearby.  Their prices are always much higher than Kohls/Boscovs and other places that sell Carters clothing.  If you exchange it where the price is highest you will be able to get more in the sizes you need.

This makes no sense.  If you're just exchanging the piece for the same outfit only bigger, where you take it makes no difference.  Now, if you're taking it back, returning it and getting store credit, yes, then you could do that.  Should you?  That's left to be determined to your own moral code, I suppose.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJenJH923:
    Most places will take the clothes without a receipt, especially if you are just looking to exchange for a bigger size.  I would take them back to a Carters outlet if you have one nearby.  Their prices are always much higher than Kohls/Boscovs and other places that sell Carters clothing.  If you exchange it where the price is highest you will be able to get more in the sizes you need.

This isn't always true. BBRU refused to take back a Carters outfit and a pack of diapers I tried to return because it hadn't been purchased from them. Kohls did the same thing. Check online to see if the store sells that particular item--even if they sell Carters clothes, they don't sell all of the  current line. You might have to go to a couple of different stores.

Granted, I was just trying to return, not exchange for a larger size, so if you tell them you want a larger size the stores might let you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just took three Carter's outfits back to Kohls with no receipts. Theyre duplicates I received from my hometown shower so I'm pretty sure they came from somewhere other than Kohls ( the closest one is 2 1/2 hours away ). The price was on two of three outfits and they gave me store credit for that price on all three outfits. We plan on going back once LO is here and a little older to purchase some outfits in a larger size. 

?BFP #1 3/27/11, 1st US Mono Mono Twins, 2nd US 2 HB's, MMC@8w6d 4/25/11, D&C 4/27/11 ?

BFP#2 9/17/11 1st US HB 171 10/13/11 EDC 5/23/12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Kohl's 'Just Say Yes' policy means they will take absolutely anything back with or without a receipt as long as its something they sell or have sold recently.  If they literally don't even carry that item then you'll have to try elsewhere, but I would consider starting w/ Kohl's because their whole business model is to accept all returns regardless.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just did this yesterday.  Macy's didn't want to take them back if it didn't have their SKU # (even if they carried the same items).  BRU said that they can't take any clothes, diapers, or formula back without a receipt.  Target was also a bit of a pain.  By the end of the day, Kohl's took back everything else that nobody would take. 

We also received a lot of 0-6 mos items, and we just wanted to eventually exchange for larger items.  We also had some outfits in 6 months that were adorable, but it's going to be too cold for those outfits when my boys are that size, so we were able to get the same outfits in a larger size that will work  better for the seasons.

Me: 37 Dx: PCOS 10/09, started Clomid 8/10
    DH: 40 Dx: MFI 6/11
    IVF #1: Lupron
  • You are planning on returning something to a store that it wasn't purchased at? Wow. 
  • you will have to figure out what store sells that paticular item, may be difficult
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scarlet Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"