June 2012 Moms

What's in your hospital bag?

This week I have began to think about what I want to pack in my hosptial bag. I am slowly going to gather all of my items so that everything is ready within the next few weeks. I was wondering if any of you have started working on your bags and what are you taking for yourself, baby and Dh/SO? Happy Friday!

Re: What's in your hospital bag?

• I don't plan to pack an actual bag until I'm headed to the hospital.  My list is long and I will certainly need some/most of those items over the next 8 weeks.  Plus, it would drive me crazy to have a bag sitting around the house.  DD would be unpacking it for me all the time.

But, I do plan to put together my spreadsheet in the next few weeks.  As long as I have everything on my list, I can pack in 20 minutes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As of right now? Nothing.

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageHuskerBabyB:
    As of right now? Nothing.

Ha, this. I am procrastinating.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm planning on doing mine this weekend because I'm freaking out about not being prepared, and I'm kinda a preparedness freak. (I'm the kind of person that brought an extra purse to all my friends' weddings in case the bride needed something obscure; double sided tape, safety pins, stocking, etc). I also drive almost an hour to work so I'm afraid that if I do go into labour I might not make it home first. I stole the Bump's list (https://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/articles/checklist-packing-a-hospital-bag.aspx) as a start but I'm planning on throwing other stuff in.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was just thinking about this yesterday and I ran across this blog that has some great checklists and videos of what she has packed to go to the hospital. The one that has most of the stuff for us would be "The Mom Stuff" link so check that one out. But this is probably what I'll base my list from.

ETA: sorry forgot the blog link. Here it is!

https://www.kyleandcourt.com/2009/11/alright-here-is-my-original-hospital.html

• Ive already kind of started just because we already have a little bit of a drive and if I do go into labor I want a head start. I dont know who Im kidding- I know I will probably go over my due date (just a feeling)

I have a onesies

his going home outfit (which is basically a onesie with matching hat and booties)

a robe

lo's boppy, my boppy body pillow, a pillow for hubby (I work in the hospital and I know their blankets and pillows are crap!) baby blankets

flip flops, maternity shorts and a tank

Im waiting on all the stuff for a weekend trip (toothbrush, little bit of makeup if Im feeling up to it, deodorant)

Im getting some massive pads, larger underwear, breastfeeding supplies, and nursing bras

I also plan on packing his diaper bag and keeping that with us

This is just a start. Im not too stressed out about it. All he really needs is a few onesies, diapers and a boob or two. Everything else is comfort stuff. 

• 0 0 1 110 628 AACC 5 1 737 14.0 Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Mom?s Bag

Hair Bands

Slippers

Snacks

Massage Lotion

Birth Plan

Nursing Bra

Breast Pads

Nursing Pillow

Camera

Contact List

Sanitary Pads

Socks

Gowns

T-Shirt

Books/Magazines

Change of clothes

Rolling Pin or Rice Sock

Nipple Cream

Toiletries

Shampoo

Conditioner

Shower Gel

Toothbrush

Toothpaste

Hair Brush

Hair Clips

Going Home clothes

Chapstick

Relaxation Poster

Dad?s Bag

Contacts

Toiletries

Comfortable Clothes

Toothbrush and Toothpaste

Hair Brush

Deodorant

Video Camera

Energy Drinks

Books and Magazines

DVDs

Snacks

Baby?s Bag

First Outfit

Receiving Blankets

Socks

Hat

Scratch Mittens

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I started mine because I like to be preparedBig Smile Here is what I have packed so far.

- 2 pairs dark pj pants and tops

- robe, flip-flops, underwear, nursing bra

- toliteries: shampoo, cutips, deodarant, hair ties, head band, and a mirror for    makeup, heavy duty pads, 2 toothbrushes

- 2 pairs of socks

- charged camera, and charger, charged video camera

-Notebook to keep track of lo's feedings and such

-Boppy for breast feeding

I am waiting to pack my coming home outfit and comfy cloths because I wear my yoga pants a lot now. I did not pack LO's bag yet because I am waiting for my shower to see what clothing I get. My hospital did tell me that the baby needs nothing but a coming home out fit, a blanket, and a car seat.

• All I have in my bag so far is a cute pair of pajama's I bought at Motherhood Maternity and the baby's going home outfit and muslin blanket.  I will add some toiletries, a pair of socks, a nursing bra and tank, my nursing pillow, and some snacks/meds/money for my DH.  I will also have a folder containing a copy of my hospital registration, several copies of my birth plan, insurance info, etc.  I think I will add some baby nail clippers too since I heard that babies nails are razor sharp.  And his baby book, if I get one at my shower!  :) 
  • imagekdjudd:
    0 0 1 110 628 AACC 5 1 737 14.0 Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Mom?s Bag

Hair Bands

Slippers

Snacks

Massage Lotion

Birth Plan

Nursing Bra

Breast Pads

Nursing Pillow

Camera

Contact List

Sanitary Pads

Socks

Gowns

T-Shirt

Books/Magazines

Change of clothes

Rolling Pin or Rice Sock

Nipple Cream

Toiletries

Shampoo

Conditioner

Shower Gel

Toothbrush

Toothpaste

Hair Brush

Hair Clips

Going Home clothes

Chapstick

Relaxation Poster

Dad?s Bag

Contacts

Toiletries

Comfortable Clothes

Toothbrush and Toothpaste

Hair Brush

Deodorant

Video Camera

Energy Drinks

Books and Magazines

DVDs

Snacks

Baby?s Bag

First Outfit

Receiving Blankets

Socks

Hat

Scratch Mittens

totally just copied and pasted your list and emailed it to myself.  :)  thanks!! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • I have nothing so far.  My DH & I have talked about getting one together, especially since our last one was early. I have been putting it off. I think after my shower this weekend I might start to get one together, but leave out some of the things I'll still use till the last.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I don't plan on packing it until 36 weeks, but here is my list:

Hospital Bag

Phone and charger

Laptop and charger

Camera, charger, memory card and reader

Chapstick

Socks with grip on the bottom

Yoga pants and robe

Hairbrush and hair ties

Snacks and drinks

Glasses and contact supplies (case, rewetting drops)

Sweatshirt

Blanket

For baby: Lotion, coming home outfit, pedi contact info

Have Waiting for Me at Home

Always Infinity Pads

Tucks

Dulcolax

Ibuprofen

• telyntelyn member

There are 2 bags- THE L/D bag and the recovery/baby bag.

In the L/D bag (which already got used) is my extra cell phone charger, a copy of my insurance, PJ's for me and DH, maternity yoga pants, a decent top, a nursing bra, underwear, socks, hair ties, towel (NOT white, a beach towel that is still better than the hospital ones), toiletries, lotion, massager, notebook, pen and an emergency kit of make-up.Oh, and a trash bag for dirty clothes.

I was admitted for a viral/GERD thing a few weeks ago and the only thing I added was extra tolietress, PJ's for DH and the make-up.

In the recovery/baby bag: Manual pump, some fenugreek tabs, depends (I actually wore the mesh panties with a giant pad for a day or 2 in the hospital-it was the only way one stubborn nurse would drop the whole cathetar thing. It wasn't that bad-like pantyhose), baby going home outfit, tablet with charger and camera (these go in at the last minute), batteries, non-perishable snacks, baby book, clothes for DH, pillow and blanket for DH and a ton of change for the vending machines.  Lastly, a mindless PS3 game we can play since our rooms have game consoles.

My L/D bag is just a big tote bag that I actually have sewn my hospital ID badge onto. The baby bag is a huge suitcase so we can sack the room. The L/D bag goes in any car I go in. The baby bag is at home, since we won't need it until the crisis/excitment is over. We figure if we're at home when it starts, we can load it up when we are ready to go. If the even starts while I'm on the job or out- either DH or a relative can grab it.

• imageDavesgrl2011:
    I think I will add some baby nail clippers too since I heard that babies nails are razor sharp. 

Hide the clippers from the nurses, if you decide to use them.  DD had long nails and I got yelled at when the nurse walked in.  She instructed me to bite or tear the nails off - that there is no reason to use clippers until like 3 months when the nails harden a bit.

• imagecchill01:

imageDavesgrl2011:
    I think I will add some baby nail clippers too since I heard that babies nails are razor sharp. 

Hide the clippers from the nurses, if you decide to use them.  DD had long nails and I got yelled at when the nurse walked in.  She instructed me to bite or tear the nails off - that there is no reason to use clippers until like 3 months when the nails harden a bit.

Our nursery bed for the baby actually includes a nail file and clipper. I would much rather clip them than tear or bite them. Gross! Once the baby is sleeping it's a piece of cake. :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH and I also work an hour from home, so will have everything packed pretty soon JIC.

In my bag / for me -

ipod for labor, my Kindle pre-loaded with books to read, phone charger, a couple of onesies and kimono baby shirts, going home baby outfit, lansinoh cream, overnight pads, underwear, comfy clothes for me, nursing bra, toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, makeup, diamond earrings DH gave me as a wedding present (really want to be wearing them when LO arrives), Boppy pillow, and "Contact Plan" (family's spread out all over and I'm enlisting them for help)

In DH's Diaper Dude bag -

"I'm the Daddy" shirt to wear home, underwear, socks, sneakers, jeans, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, camera, camera charger, phone charger

• The packing list on this site is a great starting point. I admit, I am starting to pack way early (30/31 weeks). But, I am starting to feel nervous about NOT being prepared. Anything that I can buy in travel size, get duplicates of, live without, or put in travel containers/ziploc bags, is going into my suitcase.

I'm planning to do a non-medicated birth, so I have tons of extra items that aren't useful to everybody. I ended up w/ 2 small-ish rolling suitcases. One to stay in the car until after baby comes, and one with everything I will need between admission and moving to the overnight room.

Also, check with your hospital or doctor and find out what the hospital will provide. You won't need to bring the same items for all hospitals.

IAmPregnant Ticker image BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"