September 2012 Moms
Options

So I cried while registering...

So, since DH and I are off work this week, I thought it would be fun to start looking at baby items for our registry...um, no. Wow that place is overwhelming!! I had even made a list of a few essential things I know we'd want (bottles, stroller, etc) but there's about 50 brands of each item and it was just too much! How do you know which one is for you, or which your baby will like?? After about 20 min I had a mini meltdown and had had enough.

Anyone else have this experience?? I felt like such an idiot.

A few things I learned, and will observe next time.

1. Dont let DH have 2 long islands at dinner and then allow him to have the scanner gun. (Duh lol)

2. DH is not much help.

3. Take a friend who already has a child or two with you to help.

photo photo_zps4ea6bdf2.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So I cried while registering...

• Options
    Definitely take a friend. I will cry for another reason however. The last time I registered, we lost our baby 5 days later.... I am not looking forward to doing it again. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejworkman1980:
    Lucie's List is helpful :)

Just googled it!! Thanks!! 

• Options
    imageSarahJean0:

So, since DH and I are off work this week, I thought it would be fun to start looking at baby items for our registry...um, no. Wow that place is overwhelming!!

Sorry, what place? You never said. Confused

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I actually looked at all of my friends registries and copied stuff off of theirs, and had my Mom friends look at them online to let me know what I was missing and what I should eliminate.  When we actually go and finish registering, I plan to take a girlfriend. 

My DH doesn't know anything about baby things.  He also got all bent out of shape when we registered for our wedding, so I know better than to take him along.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options

Sorry you had a meltdown! It happened to me when we registered for wedding gifts.

Not sure where you were, but I've been to Babies R Us (buying gifts for friends) enough times to know exactly what you mean - I've been making my own list, with specifc brand names of things that I know I want. I'm sure it will still be overwhelming once I get there, but it should help.

DH and I were just talking last night, and he isn't excited about registering for gifts. I begged him to go with me, just once, to get things started, and then I promised him I would go back on my own with a girlfriend. I may end up leaving him at home and maybe he can help me pick out some things online. Glad to know he's not the only guy who isn't excited about registering!

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    imageCatBus:
    imageSarahJean0:

So, since DH and I are off work this week, I thought it would be fun to start looking at baby items for our registry...um, no. Wow that place is overwhelming!!

Sorry, what place? You never said. Confused

Oh sorry about that, Buy Buy Baby. 

• Options
    I did the same thing when I registered for my daughter. They gave us a list of "suggestions" for our registry and it had about 8 million things on it. I didn't even know what half of them were for. I got super overwhelmed and felt like I was already a terrible mother. I went back two weeks later and was fine.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options

My first experience with Buy Buy Baby was buying a gift for a friend's shower and not being pregnant that place was overwhelming! But we recently registered there as well but I think I went in with the mindset that I knew what the place looked like and I would just go slow and visit it section by section. It was much less scary going around the store (similar to how I go up and down every aisle in the grocery store) and picking things I needed from that particular section and not focusing on the entire store itself. Definitely take a friend...they can help a lot! My DH wasn't much help either, he had more opinions on our wedding registry than the baby registry!

Chase Alexander 12-11-01
    Sierra Nicole 6-15-05
    Avery Lyn 8-2-12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The Baby Bargains book made things much less overwhelming for me... though I did most of my research ahead of time using baby bargains, advice from other moms, and amazon reviews... then when I went to register, I was amazed by how many things I wanted to register for that just weren't in the store, and did most of it online anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"