June 2012 Moms

Fantastic Growth Scan!

I was worried about this morning's scan because at my last OB appt the Dr (not my regular guy) said I was measuring small then started talking u/s without giving me any context. I mean, have I been small this whole time? Or just since my last appointment? Context matters people!

The tech this morning was really nice - she told me everything that she was looking at and how she was measuring. I felt like I got more information from her than I did from my doc. Baby is head down, I have an anterior placenta etc. 

The funny thing is that this baby is apparently soo far down - if they were any lower they would be an outside baby. I mean, the external u/s almost turned into an internal one when the tech tried to get the head shots. 

The important thing is I'm not measuring behind - not even a little. According to the head I'm actually measuring ahead (lol, punny), but that is likely because the baby was soo far down she couldn't get a good angle for the measurements. 

So I wanted to update you wonderful ladies, and check in and see how your growth scans have gone. Have you had one? Are you waiting for one? Or is everything going so well that they don't think you'll need one? 

pregnancy pregnancy

Re: Fantastic Growth Scan!

• Sounds good!!  My growth scan is scheduled for the 23rd, however I'm going to the doc to get checked today due to some painful contractions that have me worried...so I may actually get one today??  idk...we shall see.

Lionyl Osborne "Lio" is here! May 23rd 2012 at 2:54am 8lbs 4oz 21inches Born at 37weeks 6days
    DD #1 born 9/3/2003 - 8 years old - 3rd grade!
    DD #2 born 3/22/2007 - 5 years old - in full time preschool

• Great news!  Nope, probably not having one.  I didn't last time and unless there is a need my OB doesn't do them.  Nice that you got reassurance that everything is going well and get to see baby again though.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That is wonderful news! :)

At my appointment Tuesday, my OB said I was measuring right on track and the baby is head down. He said I'll have another u/s at 36 weeks to check the position since the baby could still flip over. I'm not sure if that's considered a growth scan though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had mine 2 days ago! He's right on schedule as far as growth goes, but he's a breech baby, just like DD was. I'm having a repeat c section, so its not a big deal for me. Just funny that both my babies have been breech! It was definitely fun to see him again. DH couldn't go bc of work, so I took my mom and grandmother (who was in town for Easter). Grandma had never seen an ultrasound before, so it was a very cool experience for her to see her next great grandson before he was born! Fun day overall for me!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• I had mine two weeks ago and he was measuring big!  He was a few weeks ahead and in the 90th pecentile!  Yay for big babies!
    BabyFetus Ticker image image image image
  • That is GREAT news!  My Dr. will do another ultrasound at 36 weeks since a few weeks ago when I was in the hospital they mentioned that he was breech & to check his size since my last baby was 8 lbs. 8 1/2 oz. & that was 3 weeks early.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"