3rd Trimester

Preterm back pain / back labor???

For those ladies who have had either preterm back pain or back labor....how do you determine if this is just part of your regular pregnancy-related back pain or something more?  I am almost 35 weeks, but have been having more constant back pain for the past couple of days. The pain isn't excrutiating by any means, just quite uncomfortable...and it seems to be focused more towards the center of my back, not too low (always above my hips at least an inch or two).  I am hoping that this is all related to regular pregnancy back pain, because I would like to carry my little one much further beyond where I am now.  I have had major back pain for the past couple of months but it hasn't been this constant, which is why I am questioning it.  Any thoughts?  TIA! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Preterm back pain / back labor???

• Constant pain is normally normal, if it comes in waves with tightining of your belly that's when you worry about back labor. I've had constant lower back pain between my hips for about a month now it's just another joy of the third tri. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • At 32 weeks I was in the hospital with regular contractions that were 3-5 minutes apart. They started with back pain.

The pain started at my hip level and below, but eventually spread to more of my back. After I started really paying attention, it was coming in waves. After a while it spread to my sides and then all the way around to my abdomen. Thankfully, it wasn't affecting my cervix at all.

Nothing I did made it better - not changing position, not stretching, not a heating pad. The only thing I didn't try was tylenol, but I've tried it since and it hasn't helped when I'm getting them.

Try tylenol or a heating pad. If it helps - even some - then it's not back labor.

• Loading the player...
  • My back labor with DS lasted from about 32 weeks on.  Imagine squeezing one of those stress balls, but that stress ball is your back.  It comes and goes... It was never a constant achy pain.  You could actually feel the muscles tighten and loosen. 
    image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • For me, back labor felt like someone stabbed my lower back, then it would go away, and happen again 10 minutes later (and got closer together) also the entire front of my uterus would get hard and tight everytime it happened.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"