June 2012 Moms

When to start freezer food?

Hey all, hope you're doing well today!

I wanted to know of those of you who are planning to put some freezer meals away, what are you making and at what point are you starting to make them (week-wise in your pregnancy)? Are you trying any from Pinterest?

claudia poirier
Little Dude: 16 Apr. 2009 | Little Doll: 10 Jun. 2012

Re: When to start freezer food?

• I'm going to start doing this the last week of my pregnancy. I know that I may miss out, but then I'm sure other friends and family will help out. 

I've already made a few recipes from this website. Everything was good. This is the link to the master list of freezer meals. Scroll down and you'll see the clickies for the recipes :)

https://fabulesslyfrugal.com/freezer-meal-recipes-master-list 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a couple already, but DH and I are taking two days of next week, so we will be doing some then and then right before LO comes we will go an buy some pre-packaged ones from the store (just in case).

I am jsut making a bunch of stuff that I know will freeze well, but here is a site I plan to use:

https://joelens.blogspot.com/2007/01/freezer-friendlymake-ahead.html

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I've started making a double batch when I cook now to put in the freezer. I was going to do a marathon cooking day sometime in May, but with the lack of energy and sciatic issues I have now, I decided to just try to stock up as I go.

I was debating trying new recipes, but decided to stick to what we know we like so we don't have any suprises when the baby gets here.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm planning on starting freezer meals this weekend. I worried that it was too early, but we have a deep freezer, so anything I make should keep for 3-4 months. Plus, I'm not sure how much energy I'll have to do it in May.

I'll be making lasagna (divided into smaller servings), lentil stew, enchiladas, muffins, lentil meatloaf, etc. And I'll be freezing leftovers of anything I make between now and June as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There are some weight watchers casseroles that I plan on making.  We have a lasagna and a Mexican chicken casserole in the freezer now.  I've got to get going on making up a bunch of other things.  I usually do shepherd's pie, soups, and hearty stews.  If you google freezer meals, you'll find a ton of recipes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BRBR member

I am going to start about five weeks before my due date.  I am making black bean burgers, enchiladas, spaghetti sauce, baked pasta, and meatloaf.  Some of the recipes come from here:

https://www.marthastewart.com/274277/freezer-friendly-foods

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did them when I was 37-38 weeks pregnant.

this time? I'm hoping to do them around 36 wks.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"