September 2012 Moms
Options

So, despite all the awful reviews...

I still bought these,

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12369627

I got them in the mail yesterday, and I wanted to open it up and make sure everything worked just in case I needed to return them, and so far... I freaking love them! I wonder why all the reviews are so bad?! I've always been one to never listen to others opinions (which sometimes gets me in trouble) but sometimes it pays off because these rock. I hooked them up and my mom was over and she had me laughing my butt off "crying" in the nursery to see if I could hear it. And I can talk back to the baby, turn the night light on the baby receiver on with my parent receiver, and it even plays music on the baby receiver. And I LOVE that you can view the room temp of the nursery from the parent receiver. So far so good. I'm glad I wanted to make my own judgement on these :) hopefully I feel the same way when the baby is actually here! haha

Anybody else making baby purchases? :) I can't stop! Someone help me, hahaha 

PCOS, Severe Hypertension, Diabetic. Started TTC in 2007.
(12-2011) 5MG Femara (CD 3-7) w/ Repronex (CD 8-16) HCG trigger (CD 17) = BFP!!
Photobucket
Layla born Aug 31st 2012
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So, despite all the awful reviews...

• Options
    I want so bad to get baby something this week!!!   Its a boy so I'm all keeping my eyes open for baby thing every time i go out. lol  Congrats on your successful purchase!  Its always great to find something you truely love that is useful!  :)
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Options

That's pretty cool! I'm also kind of jealous because you're making purchases. I, for some reason, can't bring myself to make any yet... I'm irrationally scared and I want to wait a little bit longer. *shrug* I'm crazy, I know. :P

"Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKellersPrag:

That's pretty cool! I'm also kind of jealous because you're making purchases. I, for some reason, can't bring myself to make any yet... I'm irrationally scared and I want to wait a little bit longer. *shrug* I'm crazy, I know. :P

Oh believe me, I'm still terrified something bad will happen. It took me 5 years to get pregnant so I just can't shake off the heartbreak we had and am worried it will happen again. BUT, I'm being induced early for medical reasons and I'm already at my "half way" mark so I figured I needed to get it together and start. LOL 

Photobucket
    Layla born Aug 31st 2012
  • Options

Your monitors sound pretty cool! I'm glad you liked them despite the bad reviews.

I ordered our stroller (Britax B-Agile) from Amazon today since it was $50 cheaper than the price at BRU. I had been watching it for about 2 weeks on Amazon, and DH finally said he felt comfortable ordering it. It'll be on our front steps Friday.

We're pretty excited 'cause it's starting to feel real, y'know?

Saturday morning, we'll be at BRU ordering our crib and probably picking up a couple things if our elective ultrasound on Friday goes well and we know what we're having.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Options
    Thats great that you love them!  I have to reign in my baby buying.  We already have the crib, mattress, dresser/changing table, swing/highchair convertible thingy and 16 cloth diapers.  And I am technically not even halfway there!  I told myself after graduation I could spend, spend, spend but I keep using baby shopping as an excuse to procrastinate (oh yea, and being on the bump ) Smile
    Employed by the Toddler Tyrant named G!
  • Options

imageJessrof:
    Thats great that you love them!  I have to reign in my baby buying.  We already have the crib, mattress, dresser/changing table, swing/highchair convertible thingy and 16 cloth diapers.  And I am technically not even halfway there!  I told myself after graduation I could spend, spend, spend but I keep using baby shopping as an excuse to procrastinate (oh yea, and being on the bump ) Smile

:) We also already have the crib and mattress (and the crib is a changing table combo) but we didn't purchase those, my MIL bought that for us. BUT, I couldn't help but task my husband to put it together. I told myself I was going to wait until our 20 week a/s so I could at least paint the room first but as soon as I kept seeing the box there, I had to have it put together. Haha, I just can't help myself. And I know that I'm probably going to be pretty un-productive when I get huge pregnant so I'm trying to take advantage of my energy. 

Photobucket
    Layla born Aug 31st 2012
  • Options
    Never go off of reviews at BRU's website. Find a retailer like Amazon, who only lets those with proof of purchase make reviews. As far as amazon can tell, this product got an overall rating of 4 stars, from over 400 reviews. Link
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagescarlette+noir:
    Never go off of reviews at BRU's website. Find a retailer like Amazon, who only lets those with proof of purchase make reviews. As far as amazon can tell, this product got an overall rating of 4 stars, from over 400 reviews. Link

Actually I did check Amazon, the link you posted isn't the same one I got, I bought

https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Digital-Monitor-Temperature-Monitoring/dp/B004UJO98Q

and it still has awful reviews at Amazon. Although, now that you showed me that monitor, I wish I had got that one! LOL 

Photobucket
    Layla born Aug 31st 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"