September 2012 Moms
Options

XP: Tommee Tippee or Avent Bottles?

I asked this on the Nurseries and Baby Gear board as well (earlier today) - Do you have any experience with the Tommee Tippee bottles? How do they compare to the Avent?

After researching most of the day, I think I'm leaning towards the Tommee Tippee - I'd like to BF and the nipples on these look more "realistic" to me than the Avent. Thoughts/your experience?

BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: XP: Tommee Tippee or Avent Bottles?

• Options
    I used Avent in the end and had no issues with them at all.  I did not invest in many bottles until I found one that my baby would take (I tried several).  The only ones he ever took were the Medela ones that I used with my pump and the Avent ones when I needed bigger bottles
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We used Dr. Brown's and plan to do the same this time.  My only concern with Avent is that I *think* you can only use Avent parts with Avent pumps, etc.  I don't know if its the same for the TT bottles, but I have a Medela pump and I never want to worry about having the right bottle part at the right time.  I *think* most(many) other bottles have universal tops. 
    Baby #2 on the way! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We never used Tommee Tippee but I have heard wonderful things.  We had a few Avent ones and threw them out.  They leaked horribly.
  • Options
    We got Avent bottles but our daughter didn't like them much and they leaked a lot for us.  We ended up using the Dr. Browns and the Playtex wide bottles.  No experience with the Tommee Tippee but like a PP said you probably should not invest in a lot of one brand until you see what your baby will actually use.  Maybe do a starter kit of one and then if it works for you get more later. 
  • Options
    I used Tommee Tippee with my son while breastfeeding.  We had to supplement with formula, and he had not problem going from the bottle to the breast, and vice versa.  I don't recommend the anti-colic ones though, as we found the nipples collapsed on those.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We never tried Avent, so I can't compare. But we used Tommee Tippee bottles and BFed. My son never had a problem and I plan on using them again this time.
  • Options

imageNJBrideIn08:
    I used Tommee Tippee with my son while breastfeeding.  We had to supplement with formula, and he had not problem going from the bottle to the breast, and vice versa.  I don't recommend the anti-colic ones though, as we found the nipples collapsed on those.

And they have more parts.  Ditto the above all the way.

DD had a couple Avent bottles at my mom's and did ok with them.

As for the pumping, the TT bottles don't connect to any pumps that I'm aware of, but I pumped into bags and froze the BM, so that didn't affect us. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know they make an attachment piece if you use Medela breast pump and TT bottles. People also complain about the nipples collapsing /or defect but it might be user related. Ive heard great things about TT.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options

I bought the Tommee Tippee for the same reason you mentioned, and I hated Tommee Tippee.  They were a pain to run in the dishwasher, and my kids (who weren't "aggressive" nursers) used to collapse the nipple all the time when they were sucking.  I threw them out.  I will say, they never leaked.

I liked Avent, but they leaked - like as in would randomly pour down my girls' necks and soak their PJs.  I saw a website link about how you have to line up the marks on the ring (whch is never explained in any literature that you purchase with the bottles), but even then, randomly we'd they'd leak all over.  Sucked.

I LOVED Dr. Browns.  My girls went breast to bottle all the time with no issue.  Dr Browns have more parts, but that's nothing when you use Munchkin dishwasher baskets and throw everything in - plus they eliminate a lot of air - so less gas.

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I used Avent for all 3 of my kids (I just bought new nipples for each baby), but they leaked VERY often around the seal and it was very frustrating.  I threw them all out after #3.  I just ordered Tommee Tippee ones from Target and am waiting for them to arrive...hopefully they're good! Smile
  • Options
    we used both with DD but Tommee Tippee were the best :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"