September 2012 Moms
Options

hunger games people

Does anyone else think Mockinjay is almost unreadable?  I loved the first book, thought Catching Fire was okay, but I'm seriously doubting I can even get through Mockingjay!  It's just .... boooooooring.

Does it pick up in the 2nd half, or should I just cut my losses and read something else?   

the bug & bee blog
(read it. you know you want to.)
anderson . september 2008
vivian . february 2010
mabel . august 2012
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: hunger games people

• Options
    You've already read 2 of the 3....keep chugging along!  It's definitely action-packed, especially towards the end.  I think most of the criticisms about Mockingjay revolve around there not being very much of an ending -- it's very abrupt!  I'm not a huge Hunger Games fan, but I'm glad I read the last book so I have some closure to the series.

It picks up, but it's sad/weird.

I enjoyed the series, but I definitely preferred the first two books to Mockingjay.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yea, I had a bit of a hard time with it too... I didn't find it unreadable, but it was definitely tougher than the first two.  I skimmed parts of it because I wanted to find out what happened at the end.  So, I wouldn't abandon all hope because it would drive me nuts not to know what happened at the end!  But, it's up to you.  GL reading! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Ha, I'm thinking the same thing.  I've been on Chapter 3 for like, at least a week.  OMG it's terrible.  But I'll slowly finish it just to see how it ends.

I want to read the 50 Shades of Grey series next then Bloom.  I just want to be done with The Hunger Games.  Wish book 3 was at least halfway decent.  Sigh. 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    ehh..I skipped to the end to find out what was going to happen to see if I wanted to keep reading it. I ended up going back and reading the whole thing to find out how they got to the ending, but it was definitely not as good as the first one.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    imagescarlette+noir:

I enjoyed the series, but I definitely preferred the first two books to Mockingjay.

Agreed.

Mockingjay definitely gets going towards the end, though.

~ TTC cheerleader for the fabulously wonderful j&a09 ~
    ~ Much love and many prayers to Panderp ~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Blog ..... BFP Chart
  • Options
    I agree with what everyone said here.  I skimmed the first half of the book or so because it was indeed more boring than the previous 2.  It'll pick up, but it's not (IMO) as good as the previous 2.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    The book in is no where near as good as the first 2 but I would keep going.  The start is too slow and then I thought then ending went to fast.  I would keep with it just for the closure.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sadly, the ending is disappointing, too. 

The whole book was a letdown after the first two. :(

Did you see the movie yet? 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagemrs.jenni:

Ha, I'm thinking the same thing.  I've been on Chapter 3 for like, at least a week.  OMG it's terrible.  But I'll slowly finish it just to see how it ends.

I want to read the 50 Shades of Grey series next then Bloom.  I just want to be done with The Hunger Games.  Wish book 3 was at least halfway decent.  Sigh. 

I just powered through it because I wanted to know how it ended, and the action did pick up towards the end. It didn't have the same excitement of the first and second books (with the games), but it does give you closure.

Jenni, I picked up Bloom this weekend! I just started it last night. And I have 50 Shades of Grey patiently waiting for me on my iPad... :) 

Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I agree! I flew through the first 2 in just a couple of days and I've been working on Mockingjay for weeks now. I'll lie down to read at night and just eek out a couple of pages then fall right to sleep. Pretty boring if you ask me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Agreed.  Mockingjay was not nearly the book the other two were.  I didn't care for it much at all.  The ending made me angry and unsatisfied.  There were some good parts near the end, but there were a lot of parts that I thought the author just ran out of ideas and was desperate to finish the thing.
  • Options
    imageTheMcCombies:

Did you see the movie yet? 

Yes, and LOVED it! 

the bug & bee blog
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
  • Options

imageMonkeyLips:
    I agree! I flew through the first 2 in just a couple of days and I've been working on Mockingjay for weeks now. I'll lie down to read at night and just eek out a couple of pages then fall right to sleep. 

Yep, exactly!  It's putting me to sleep, so I guess that's a plus. 

the bug & bee blog
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
  • Options
    The end picks up a bit, but I was disappointed how long the book was and how short the ending was.  But, it's worth it to have closure to the series.
  • Options
    Finish it out, the second half is very exciting and you definitely need it to get some closure to the series.
  • Options
    imagescarlette+noir:

This exactly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"