June 2012 Moms
Options

Disappointed the IL's this weekend....

First, DH told his mom that we will call after I have given birth and will let them know when they can come up and visit. To which MIL said, "wait, I don't get to be in the room?" To which I replied, "Nope. Just DH and the medical personnel."

Second, SIL is planning to come from Washington D.C. the week I am due to stay with us (or at least I think that was what she was hoping since she doesn't like staying at her parents house). Well, guess what, if I had the baby not too soon before that or am in labor or really if I am too uncomfortable, you will not be staying with us. DH told her to have alternate plans in place because we just never know.

Glad DH told his family and is supportive and on board with my wants/needs at the time.

Re: Disappointed the IL's this weekend....

• Options

Good for you!

I would have done the same thing. I keep telling D his family is going to drive me nuts once LO arrives (his whole family lives in town) my parents are 1 hr and 2 hrs away, but still have stepsister/BIL and cousins in town.

I know it is because they are so excited (first grandchild/nephew for his mom/dad/sister), but he is our baby, so they need to back off a little!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    It's great that you and DH are on the same page and getting everything out in the open now.  Makes life so much easier.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I wish I could get DH on the same page like that!  He wants to call his parents as soon as we are leaving for the hospital.  I know they will be meeting us there immediately afterward.  Which I do not want!!  

but it's good to know that you were able to get it out in the open now!! 

Jennifer TTC #1 Dx PCOS 2009 Apr, Aug, and Sept tried clomid cycles.... BFN. Oct...DH SA results were normal. Me...HSG - left tube was clear, right tube was slightly blocked. Dec - Clomid #4 200mg Feb 2010 - IUI #1 200mg Clomid = BFN. June 2010 - IUI #2 200mg Clomid = BFN. March 2011 - IUI #3 w/ injectables = BFN (1st & last with RE, moving on to IVF). July 2011 - consult for IVF. Sept 2011, 1st IVF. Got our BFP on 10/2/11. Became a mom on 5/5/12 to a beautiful baby boy! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    What's up with all of these MIL's wanting to be in the delivery room? I think that is crazy weird. I am extremely close to my mom but even she wouldn't be in there. I just think that is so private! Anyway good for your husband to lay down some ground rules. 
    \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    I pretty much told DH that no one will be in the delivery room except him and medical people and we will call his family (since they live localy) after I'm ready to have people over and once LO is born.  I don't think he was on board until we went to the hopsital childbirth class and then he agreed and didn't agrue with me at all!  Good for you for sticking up for yourselves and for being on the same page. 
  • Options
    Good for you!  Thankfully my DH is on the same page about nobody in the delivery room, but he wants to tell everybody when we're heading to the hospital.  I would like to tell them all when the baby is here.  They all live about 8 hours away by car, but my worst fear is that his mother is going to come up here to be in town for my due date, and I will be late, and she will be sitting around staring at me, waiting for my water to break.  We are going down in a few weeks to see them and go to the shower she is throwing for us, so we'll have to bring it up then.
  • Options
    Are you close to MIL? Cus I'm not sure why should would assume that she was gonna be in the room if you weren't super close. I mean my mom didn't even expect to be in the room and I'm an only child and this is my first and we are super close. She was totally cool with me saying I just wanted DH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"