September 2012 Moms
Options

future SIL's bachelorette party, wwyd?

My Future SIL's bachelorette, I just found out, is going to be a photo shoot and was titled "lingerie/pinup/birthday suit party". It's going to be a photo shoot. It's coming up in about 6 weeks. I'll be about 23 weeks PG by then and 100% I won't be posing in any kind of lingerie or my birthday suit. That said. Anyone been to a party like this while they were PG? Or any ideas how I could still have fun, without getting nekked?

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

Re: future SIL's bachelorette party, wwyd?

• Options

Pregnant or not, I'm totally giving my WTF face to a "birthday suit party".  Ew.  I know the pinup pic thing is all the rage right now, but that's sort of a private thing, no?

I have no idea how you'd go and not feel like an odd duck sitting there fully clothed and sober.  But, uh, good luck? 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I have never heard of this type of party... so all the guests pose for pictures?  Do you keep the pics or does she?  Any dinner or food/beverages involved?

I would say even if I was at my skinniest, I wouldn't participate... not really my style.  I would see if you can help people pick out outfits but that is about it... Sorry I can't be more helpful

Employed by the Toddler Tyrant named G!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemlf625:

Pregnant or not, I'm totally giving my WTF face to a "birthday suit party".  Ew.  I know the pinup pic thing is all the rage right now, but that's sort of a private thing, no?

I have no idea how you'd go and not feel like an odd duck sitting there fully clothed and sober.  But, uh, good luck? 

Yeah, it does strike me as a little bit too personal- but it's what she wants so that's what she gets. I'm guessing you aren't in your lingerie in front of everyone else, I hope?

• Options
    ummm what?! I've certainly never heard of that kinda bachelorette party..and I would think ladies would want to do boduair photos in private...

I'd call her and ask her the logistics to see if it is something you can attend and still have fun
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageJessrof:

I have never heard of this type of party... so all the guests pose for pictures?  Do you keep the pics or does she?  Any dinner or food/beverages involved?

I would say even if I was at my skinniest, I wouldn't participate... not really my style.  I would see if you can help people pick out outfits but that is about it... Sorry I can't be more helpful

I may need more info on this !  My first reaction was oh no!

• Options

this sounds wacky.  i've been friends with all of the girls who stood up in my wedding for 15-20+ years and don't want to see any of them naked taking pictures.  i think it's weird.  I also don't want to see my SIL's in any sexy underwears or worse, naked.  there are some things you just can't unsee.  i'm all for doing things like this for your husband/fiance whatever if you're keeping it classy and private. 

my cousin did bourdoir pictures for her husband and posted them on FB.  she's a size 22 and really pretty, but i thought they should have stayed tucked away.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options

There's no way I would do this pregnant or not.  I just wouldn't want someone to have those pictures of me.

You could just tell her that you plan to attend but you won't be participating in the photo shoot. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Probably not as fun stone cold sober, but I'd go and see if I could do the pinup route and try to look a little retro.

When in Rome...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagemlf625:

Agreed.

Even if I weren't pregnant, It would take a lot of tequila to get me to participate.

Poor OP. I don't know what you could possibly do to participate without feeling super awkward. :|

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Options

I have never heard of anything like that! Like PP I would help with outfits, especiallyif it's a group thing.

HOWEVER, if it's a private thing (just you in the shoot) and you keep your pics, no one else - then I would totally go for a Jessica Simpson/Demi Moore/Brittany Spears(I can't remember if she did this too?) type pic...maybe a long white suit shirt buttoned so that it shows your beautiful preggo bump, but is still tastefully covering other *ahem* parts.Smile

Good Luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  image 

• Options

Maybe I'm just a prude, but WHAAA?! Are women normally ok with wearing lingerie/nothing around other women just for fun? I mean, I'm cool with changing clothes in front of girl friends, but that party just sounds bizarre and awkward as heck.

I'd be willing to bet that you won't be the only person who doesn't strip to her skivvies. You surely won't be the only person dressed in normal clothes if you choose to go.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMarisaKathleen:

there are some things you just can't unsee. 

lol

I would feel really awkward at this party, all clothed and stone sober.  Can you skip this part and meet up with everyone later? I'm guessing they will go bar hopping or something after the photo shoot?

• Options
    imagemocha4040:

I have never heard of anything like that! Like PP I would help with outfits, especiallyif it's a group thing.

HOWEVER, if it's a private thing (just you in the shoot) and you keep your pics, no one else - then I would totally go for a Jessica Simpson/Demi Moore/Brittany Spears(I can't remember if she did this too?) type pic...maybe a long white suit shirt buttoned so that it shows your beautiful preggo bump, but is still tastefully covering other *ahem* parts.Smile

Good Luck!

Although I don't know for sure, I'm guessing it probably is an individual private photo shoot. If I keep my clothes on, I'm not sure it's any different than doing a pregnancy photo shoot, which lots of people do. This is being done by a professional photographer by the way.

• Options

I'd maybe do it but would have some rules:  Want to know who gets and sees the proofs, make sure that the photos were soft and tasteful and that no one else was in the photos.  I'd also want some privacy or at least to know the ladies in the room really, really well. I would want softer, artful images that include either just having a sheet wrapped around you, a silhouette of you and your belly, black and white photos, simple bra+undies.  Something you could show your kids one day and not make them feel like you made the photos for their dad who has a pregnancy fettish. 

Once you start wearing lingerie or high heels it gets smutty so it's good you're steering clear of that. 

• Options
    Yup, definitely never heard of a bachelorette party like that before and probably would not participate if I wasn't PG.  That being said, I think pregnant bellies are beautiful and I would be gladly flaunt mine if the occasion called for it!  But I guess it depends on your sense of humor too.
  • Options
    imageblindvictory:

Maybe I'm just a prude, but WHAAA?! Are women normally ok with wearing lingerie/nothing around other women just for fun? I mean, I'm cool with changing clothes in front of girl friends, but that party just sounds bizarre and awkward as heck.

I'd be willing to bet that you won't be the only person who doesn't strip to her skivvies. You surely won't be the only person dressed in normal clothes if you choose to go.

This!  

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Guess I'm the slut of the group. I would totally do it and rock the retro look. Are they having a hairdresser/makeup artist there?

We did our b-pics with a group -- we all did hair/makeup together and got dressed in a separate room, then wore robes and drank champagne while each of us got our photos taken elsewhere. It was nice to have the group to ward off the nerves.

Here's another woman who does bach parties:

https://www.lunarlightstudios.com/cg/pinups.html 

Not a huge fan of this one, but here is one she did:
    https://celestegiuliano.blogspot.com/2009/03/pregnancy-pinups-perfect-momento.html  

A friend of mine did a similar shoot with us when she was very early on and had a vintage baby carriage -- super cute.

This is the session, but I don't think that pic is there: https://www.starletsessions.com/index2.php  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've heard of the parties when I was on TK. I never knew about pictures like this until then. I did them with my BFF who is a photographer for MH. But he and my BFF are the only ones to have seen them. I would probably do it, like mrs.kapow said but it'd have to be tasteful and I'd have to know the group to know the pictures would not go anywhere.

If I were in your situation, I'd go but opt out of the pictures unless they wanted to do a photoshoot of me in my cute dress party. I ain't uncovering for nobody PG. But that's just me.

image    image

Harper Grace 08.31.12                        Sibling Expected 08.30.15

Aug 2015 - January Siggy Challenge - Fav mean girl from TV/Film

Ellie from CougarTown

• Options
    imageJennifer Ruth:

Probably not as fun stone cold sober, but I'd go and see if I could do the pinup route and try to look a little retro.

When in Rome...

This - i would google some pics of pinups.   think '50s style tattoo pinups - like a sailor outfit (or something like that, if that's not your style).  you might as well try to have some fun and come home with a cool memento out of it.  think of it as a maternity shoot for yourself and you might enjoy it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member

I have never heard of this type of party. Is it a legit photographer? Almost sounds like someone trying to build up their portfolio, otherwise sounds really expense to shoot all the girls. I would probably ask some more questions like are we all watching each other or are the pics done privately.  I would probably be ok with wearing some boy shorts/bathing suit bottoms and a button up shirt showing my prego belly. I mean, my friends see me in a bathing suit anyway.

I had a pole dance class party for my bachelorette. It was sexy and fun be we were all in yoga clothes the entire time.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options

Wow - I've never heard of a party like that.  Seems odd, but to each their own.  Maybe it would be fun to get a few pictures in classy/non-trashy lingerie (if you don't have to be in front of other people).  If you are covered up, you might like the pictures one day.  Sometimes I wish I would have taken more pictures of my body while pregnant because it's easy to forget how you looked.

Even if you don't, it may still be fun to go and laugh it up with the other girls.  It would be really weird if she kept the photos though.  I would imagine they go to you....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That sounds like a bad idea...like glamour shots bad idea. I can picture in ten years this being a feature on the Ellen show, bad paid for photos.
  • Options

I've never heard of a party like that.

That being said, if it's like PP described with a hair and makeup person, and a pro photog, I would totally go and do it!  Get your hair and makeup done and think through bringing something to wear that would work with your bump and rock it out. 

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageblindvictory:

This. Exactly.  

• Options

imagemrs.kapow:
    Guess I'm the slut of the group. I would totally do it and rock the retro look. Are they having a hairdresser/makeup artist there?

lol same here!

I guess it depends on the type of people they are and how well they all know each other?  I did modeling here and there throughout most of my 20's, runway, print, and commercial.  You kinda lose whatever modesty you had with make up and wardrobe crawling all over you as well as the crew, craft service, etc.  But I was young and it was fun!  I can totally see how this would be a fun thing to do for a bachelorette party.

I'd love to rock a pin up get up with my preggo belly!  It'd be a fun way to celebrate amongst good friends and they all get to leave with a memento of the evening.  I have a friend who is a hair / make up artist and photographer who has done these types of shoots as well.

If you do participate in the shoot, as others have mentioned, make sure the paperwork is in order.

• Options
    I'd do pin-up hair and makeup and some really fantastic high heels...and maybe one of those huge feather fans...make it "appear" to be a little more risque than it is....I'd really use hair/makeup/accessories to your advantage here.  You don't in any way have to be in lingerie or nude, but the feather fans would give you kind of a retro burlesque look.  I love photo shoots like that...I had wanted to do a budoir shoot before I got pregnant and it never occurred to me that I could still do it even with a bump.... hmmmm....I think I might.  Wink
  • Options
    imagemlf625:

This! WTF are you talking about? Is this real? Who does this? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"