Military Families

Illumine/Bump Kathleen jump in here would ya

Are we ever going to get the sticky FAQ thread? We get the same questions over and over. I'll gladly head up a new FAQ post if we know that we can get it stuck to the top of the board.

CJ 05/29/2013

Re: Illumine/Bump Kathleen jump in here would ya

• I think this is a really good idea.  It really would help eliminate many of the repeated posts this board gets. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes we are. I am working in them. But the original I wrote ended up being too long and maybe too in depth. 

Second, there are a lot of changes coming down the like - hell they just lost the major MCSC (stupid TriWest), which will not change the actual benefit, but will change the access points. 

I am going to try to put together a list of questions and have you all review them. From there, I want to have LINKS to the correct information, vs an explanation written by a non-expert (I haven't worked for/with TRICARE in 5 years now, so even I go to the sources to ensure my responses are accurate,)

I am currently on my IPad in Prague and then heading to the Alps tomorrow (Tuesday). This will be a priority come Saturday, after I put my parents on their plane.  

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Look, I'm not trying to be rude but with your crazy schedule and the time difference, maybe you could get a co-mod? OPSEC stuff is time sensitive and maybe if you had some help things could get done more quickly. You're mostly on when it's night time here and then someone could get on during the day? Or just someone who has more time to dedicate.

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    Look, I'm not trying to be rude but with your crazy schedule and the time difference, maybe you could get a co-mod? OPSEC stuff is time sensitive and maybe if you had some help things could get done more quickly. You're mostly on when it's night time here and then someone could get on during the day? Or just someone who has more time to dedicate.

I second this especially if TB removed the mods ability to cross mod other boards. There will be a lot of sensitive info floating around until it's your day time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLace&Josh:

imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    Look, I'm not trying to be rude but with your crazy schedule and the time difference, maybe you could get a co-mod? OPSEC stuff is time sensitive and maybe if you had some help things could get done more quickly. You're mostly on when it's night time here and then someone could get on during the day? Or just someone who has more time to dedicate.

I second this especially if TB removed the mods ability to cross mod other boards. There will be a lot of sensitive info floating around until it's your day time. 

If they remove that ability then MN get should a second Mod as well. I'm sure for other boards SPAM and what not isn't a huge issue. But with the sensitivity of OPSEC and PERSEC we need it taken care of quickly. 

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    imageLace&Josh:

imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:

If they remove that ability then MN get should a second Mod as well. I'm sure for other boards SPAM and what not isn't a huge issue. But with the sensitivity of OPSEC and PERSEC we need it taken care of quickly. 

I agree.  I'm not on MN 24/7 to keep an eye on OPSEC posts.  I've had people txt me very late at night or when I'm on vacation to let me know there was an issue.  I haven't always been able to take care of them quickly.  Beans has come to the rescue of MN several times.  I've jumped on over here to do the same.  Once the ability to cross mod is taken away, there will be issues.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've e-mailed Bump Kathleen to see what she says. Giant clusterfvck.

CJ 05/29/2013

• I will be back in the US in 4 months. However (and I am not saying no to a co-mod),  unless one of us is prepared to stay on line 24 hours a day, we cannot catch an OPSEC issue at the moment it's written. 

It is not my being 6 hours ahead of EST that keeps me from catching every OPSEC issue or Troll or Spam, but just having a normal life.  Given this is the Military Family board, having a family precludes someone from being online 24 hours a day.  

Two people, while it will help, won't be able to monitor this board full time.  I don't know about you, but I like to sleep.  

As for the FAQ. I will pull together the list you wrote in the above post and ask The Bump Goddesses to make it a permanent post.  

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Are you excited to be coming back? I bet you'll miss Germany though, you guys have been there for a while right?

And I know we can't catch things right away and honestly it's probably because I'm unemployed so I have a lot of time to spend on here. I do think a co-mod will help and I suggested the same for MN.

I also have a bunch of overseas PCS information that I will link into that post. I'd like to maybe get some of your expertise on it as well. Hopefully people can get some useful info out of the posts. 

CJ 05/29/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"